Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Compaq PA-2 does MMC but... (Read 3185 times) previous topic - next topic

Compaq PA-2 does MMC but...

Hey all

Newbie here - but just pretend I didn't say that...

Got a Compaq PA-2 here in the UK, and the manual says AAC!

Supplied software (Musicmatch Jukebox) doesn't support AAC, and I know Media Player never will - problem is - I can't find ANY way to download AAC files to my device.

The MMC card has to be in the player (so can't use a card reader) and no software supports AAC! (have tried...)

- Media Player
- Rioport (v3?)
- RealOne
- Musicmatch

Does anyone know of a way to download files to this device (assume that it's the same as the PA-1) or has anyone actually verified that this device does AAC?

Let me know if you want any more info on the little thing - I've become quite attached (except WMA is the only acceptable format at the moment, at my desired bitrate....)
--Tosh

Compaq PA-2 does MMC but...

Reply #2
Liquid Audio doesn't work...

If anyone is thinking of trying it - don't - really flaky application, takes an AGE to load and although the quality is good - stupid rights protection gets in the way...
--Tosh