Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to assign ESC for a keyboard shotcut? (Read 2561 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: How to assign ESC for a keyboard shotcut?

Reply #1
how to assign the "ESC" as in "escape" key? to do what?

what are you trying to do. i am afraid, i am not native english speaking but i'd say i am pretty good at english. but your topic doesnt make much sense.

what are you trying to achieve? to close foobar by pressing the escape key? or are you trying to close it to the tray? or are you trying to minimize your foobar2000 windows?

quote of s1y: "when i try to assign ESC"

when you try to assign ESC -> TO DO WHAT???

Reply #2
Assign ESC to minimize foobar2000.

Reply #3
Use Shift-ESC then. Unfortunately there are some limitations in every software, mostly coming from operating system API. No matter for what reason (foobar's built-in or due to Win32API) you checked yourself, that ESC can not be used as a keyboard shortcut, because it does other things in the app. If you see it is impossible - use different solution then (Shift-ESC, Control-ESC, whatever is possible).

Reply #4
Yes, I used shift-esc instead. Just wanted to be sure that I didn't miss smth obvious.

SPLIT: Re: How to assign ESC for a keyboard shotcut?

Reply #5
Discussion of banned components and ensuing nonsense has been Recycled.