Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Program which transforms audio file to text file? (Read 11619 times) previous topic - next topic

Program which transforms audio file to text file?

Please like the indication of a software that transforms audio files into text files,  MP3 in doc file (example Microsoft Word).

Many thanks for the help!

hugs

Reply #1
Why do you need this?

Like any other file, an MP3 is just a string of bytes: "binary data". What text would you want to see for each byte? Does it need to be something you can read? Does the transformation need to be reversible (i.e., do you need to convert the text back to MP3)?

Something like Base64 encoding may be what you want; you could make a script to do that. On Windows, a Powershell script like http://powershellscripts.blogspot.com/2007...ncode-file.html may suffice.

Reply #2
I guess you are looking for speech recognition software. Just search "speech recognition" on google. I am just afraid the practical results will not make you happy, it is quite a demanding task.

The actual output format (txt, doc) is the smallest problem.

Reply #3
I always wanted to be able to read music.

Reply #4
Heh, my response shows my biases, I guess... I figured the question was being asked in order to disguise music as text. Speech recognition didn't even occur to me.

Reply #5
UUENCODE
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #6
Heh, my response shows my biases, I guess... I figured the question was being asked in order to disguise music as text. Speech recognition didn't even occur to me.

Maybe. He might also wants to see the metadata/tagging exported to text. Hard to tell.

Reply #7
Please like the indication of a software that transforms audio files into text files,  MP3 in doc file (example Microsoft Word).

You may put binaries encoded as text with yEnc inside a doc file.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #8
Assuming any of this is relevant to the unclear original question, if we’re able to use binary- or archive-encoded ‘text’ files like DOC(X), and assuming MP3 as in the OP, can’t you just drop in the file as an object using standard Office functionality?

Reply #9
Hello my friends ! First I would like to thank the attention and help of all of you .

I am a student , I used to college and take notes during class . Broke his finger and had to immobilize the hand and could no longer write and then I took the splint to immobilize the hand and stayed with some sequels can not write right .

I started recording the lectures and have the audio files in MP3 and now want to turn the audio into text so you can read and study , so the need of a program that transforms the audio file into text.

I searched on google but found only software that transform text to MP3 , or software do I found reading the written text .

Voice recognition software to do just that reading the file in DOC or TXT format. Windows functions are also limited just reading the text.

If someone knows something and can help me I will be very grateful.

Many thanks for the help , attention and time of all

hugs

Reply #10
Not ideal, since one can't skim audio in the same way one can skim text, but making it into an audio-book (short, numbered, and well-named 'tracks') may be the best option.
The good thing though is you can then revise whilst at the gym etc.

Reply #11
I started recording the lectures and have the audio files in MP3 and now want to turn the audio into text so you can read and study , so the need of a program that transforms the audio file into text.
Dragon Naturally Speaking seems to be very popular.

Reply #12
I guess he needs something for Brazilian Portuguese?

Generally, the accuracy of speech recognition software varies for different languages. Either due to a language's popularity (or lack thereof) and/or structure (difference between words, sentence composition etc.). Many languages/dialects don't have any speech-to-text software at all.

Then quality of the recording comes into play. Noisy environments and/or crappy microphones further decrease recognition accuracy (they do so for humans as well).

All of the above combined can easily result in accuracy under 50%, which means you would have to manually correct roughly every other word in the text. Then you might as well type it all by yourself.

Reply #13

Generally, the accuracy of speech recognition software varies for different languages. Either due to a language's popularity (or lack thereof) and/or structure (difference between words, sentence composition etc.). Many languages/dialects don't have any speech-to-text software at all.

Then quality of the recording comes into play. Noisy environments and/or crappy microphones further decrease recognition accuracy (they do so for humans as well).

All of the above combined can easily result in accuracy under 50%, which means you would have to manually correct roughly every other word in the text. Then you might as well type it all by yourself.

Hello Martel! Exactly, I need something to Portuguese of Brazil. Used a reasonable writer and recordings are in good quality.

How many recordings and are averaging three hours each, is complicated and very time consuming typing them yourself, beyond the limitation of the injury that had due to the fracture.

Reply #14

All this because of a sequel because I had a fracture.

It's very complicated, people looked at me as the poor who could not and could not write and faced a lot of prejudice because of these limitations I had. 

You can not imagine the difficulties I faced and how I felt about it all.

Reply #15
I hope you’re healed now, or getting closer?

Someone else might have a suggested program that could do this, but as Martel said, it can be difficult finding useful programs for this function even for ‘popular’ languages and with good recording quality, so it’s not certain that an automatic solution can be found.

Reply #16
How about talking to the professors, explaining them your situation and asking them for their documents of the lectures?

Reply #17
Good point. Depending on their style of lecturing, they might have a lot of it already written out. Of course, they might improvise it all… Either way, it’s definitely worth asking as they should be able to support you.

It might also be prudent to tell them how other students treated you badly for your injury. Of course, we don’t want them to stand up in front of the class and say ‘dodo_maia here has been complaining about all of you’  – but if they are aware of the situation, there might be something less overt they could do to stop it happening in the future.

Reply #18
Hello my friends ! First I would like to thank the attention and help of all of you .

I am a student , I used to college and take notes during class . Broke his finger and had to immobilize the hand and could no longer write and then I took the splint to immobilize the hand and stayed with some sequels can not write right .

I searched on google but found only software that transform text to MP3 , or software do I found reading the written text .

Voice recognition software to do just that reading the file in DOC or TXT format. Windows functions are also limited just reading the text.

If someone knows something and can help me I will be very grateful.

Many thanks for the help , attention and time of all

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...n#1TC=windows-7

Reply #19
Note

Speech Recognition is available only in English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.

Reply #20
Not ideal, since one can't skim audio in the same way one can skim text, but making it into an audio-book (short, numbered, and well-named 'tracks') may be the best option.
The good thing though is you can then revise whilst at the gym etc.

Hello bandpass. okay?
An audio-book is a solution, but I would have printed the audio into text format, I end up assimilating best content and learning more so when I read this concern in turn audio into text.
Thanks for the reply and the help.
hugs

Reply #21
Dragon Naturally Speaking seems to be very popular.

Hello DVDdoug okay?
I saw this Dragon Naturally Speaking, but from what I understand this software only controls the computer by voice command and turns text into audio, ie, reads the files in text format as a TXT or DOC for example.
I look for a program that does just the opposite, turn audio into text and am having a hard time finding this type of program.
I did many searches on google, but without success, I have found only software that transforms text into audio.
Thanks for your help and attention.
hugs

Reply #22
I hope you’re healed now, or getting closer?

Someone else might have a suggested program that could do this, but as Martel said, it can be difficult finding useful programs for this function even for ‘popular’ languages and with good recording quality, so it’s not certain that an automatic solution can be found.

Hello db1989. Okay?
My injury is permanent and never come back to normal as it was before the accident.
Yes it is very hard to find a program that has this feature, as I said I found a lot of software that control the computer by voice, or read the text, still turn into audio, but not unlike how I want to transform the audio to text be printed and read.
Thank you for your attention and for your help.
hugs

Reply #23
How about talking to the professors, explaining them your situation and asking them for their documents of the lectures?

Hello phofman. okay?
I talked to the teachers and some of them gave me the slideshows used in the classroom, but the comments, conversations and comments made ??during class just writing it in my audio recording.
Thanks for your help and attention.
hugs

Reply #24
I'd ask person sitting next to me to share its notes? (sometimes i'am so smart i just can't believe how smart i'am)
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung