Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar cannot find playlist music files (Read 2390 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar cannot find playlist music files

So I recently downloaded Foobar and put all my music files into it in a series of about 30 playlists. I then closed out of windows explorer (which I used to drag the files into foobar) and condensed all my music folders into one central location in my music folder. I understand that maybe moving these files could have messed it all up, but some of the playlists (~1/8) still play and I have tried using Edit->Preferences->Media library---> add path too the new location and it isnt working even after closing and re-opening foobar. Any help/suggestions please anyone? It is really troubling me.

I have looked into that revive dead files download thing (for lack of a better word, haha) but I can't seem to get it to work? Any other ideas or help with that one would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Foobar cannot find playlist music files

Reply #1
judging from this post of yours, foo_playlist_revive isn't working because you didn't install it
file > preferences > components > install > ...
after the installation process go to a playlist and edit > revive dead items