Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Slim view album art (Read 828 times) previous topic - next topic

Slim view album art

I've loved my slim view UI for a long time, at one point I'd managed to setup larger album art in a similar format to what I've normally used. Without having to reset-up my layout, I wonder if the current stable version or a future version may I be able to drag that horizontal divider under the album art twice as far down making the album art 4 times the area? I wonder why in the slim view layout is the album art limited to it's size?

The tabbed slim view is a brilliantly simple, clean yet powerful interface, anyone? I really don't want to have to customize the layout from foobar's defaults, win win without having to install more, or set it up.

Excuse if this link is frowned up, it's only so you may see the image at 100% size.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=116883.0;attach=13972;image

Re: Slim view album art

Reply #1
If you don't want to change anything, then you've answered your own question and should wait for a future update that unlikely covers the functionality you describe.

However if you actually want that functionality, I'd recommend using the 'thumbs.txt' sample that is included with WSH/JS/spider monkey panels (it's the same in all 3).
SM is the newest and most frequently updated, however WSH would still be functional on XP/ancient OS'.

Simply add your chosen panel to a layout/scratchbox, and paste the thumbs.txt sample, eg. located: %profile%\user-components\foo_spider_monkey_panel\samples\complete\thumbs.txt

it will display and cycle (auto or mouse wheel) album or artist artwork with a variety of scaling and/or thumbnail options to fit whatever panel size you desire.