Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WinMP3Packer Beta released (Read 217837 times) previous topic - next topic

WinMP3Packer Beta released

Reply #100
Hi everyone!!!

I'm the bloke using a Mac and cdj's!
The easiest solution was to find a pc, hook on my drive and process all my vbrs.
Thing is: whatever i do, files are always output to 320kbps, whereas they only have a vbr bitrate of eg.182.
I want them to be 192, no point having them at 320.
can somone help me out.
thankyou

Reply #101
Hi everyone!!!

I'm the bloke using a Mac and cdj's!
The easiest solution was to find a pc, hook on my drive and process all my vbrs.
Thing is: whatever i do, files are always output to 320kbps, whereas they only have a vbr bitrate of eg.182.
I want them to be 192, no point having them at 320.
can somone help me out.
thankyou

Hey,

The problem there is that some parts of the file require 320kbps, in which case the whole file must end up being 320kbps in order to keep the bitrate 'constant'. There's not a lot that mp3packer can do in this case.

Reply #102
Hey seriously guys, I'd pay good money to someone that would release a nice GUI MAC version!!!
That would save my life, as no one is capable of a good ripping out there! My CDJs would love you long time!!! lol
Is somone ready to take the challenge...?
Thanx a lot folks!

Reply #103
Would it be possible to provide a version that uses multiple files at once? IE 2 for dual core so that 2 can happen at same time for double speed. As this is batch processing, it should be easy to do.

Reply #104
Hi,

First: Great program.
Second: Bug report

The following file (http://rapidshare.com/files/100409709/Mich...l_Mix_.mp3.html]here[/url]) is shown as being CBR inside of WinMP3Packer, however playing it back in Winamp it's very obvious it's VBR (kbps jumps around all over the place).

I've tried:
1. Selecting Input Types ALL
2. Saved Setting: Convert to CBR in place (force)

but in both cases the file remains as VBR.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Ignore me, I'm being a muppet.

It worked fine.   

Reply #105
Why isn't WinMP3Packer Free Software? (the fact that you're a Linux user sounds like you're familiar with Free Software...    )

Reply #106
Would it be possible to provide a version that uses multiple files at once? IE 2 for dual core so that 2 can happen at same time for double speed. As this is batch processing, it should be easy to do.

I've had this thought before but the main bottleneck with mp3packer is the hard disk access... if you were to process 2 x files at once, it'd just result in an excess of seeking around the hard disk and fragmentation of the destination files.

Why isn't WinMP3Packer Free Software? (the fact that you're a Linux user sounds like you're familiar with Free Software...    )

I would like to release the source - I got halfway through setting up a Sourceforge account at once stage and it was taking too long so I gave up (hmmmm see a pattern here, hehe...)

One of the stumbling blocks is I need to get some open source icons for it. I can't release the source as it is as it has some proprietary graphics in it.

If you want, I can send you the code sans graphics if you wanted a play around with it (or indeed, if you wanted to take over the project...)

Reply #107
Links are broken

Reply #108
Links are broken

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=MP3packer 

I've tweaked the wiki and added a link to where you can download the latest WinMP3Packer version: 1.0.18-alpha.

In psyllium's original 1.0.18-alpha zip download release he included mp3packer.exe version 1.18. 1.0.18-alpha was released on 13-06-2007 and since then mp3packer version 1.20 has been released. I have thus added mp3packer version 1.20 to the zip download. I've also replaced the mp3packer.html with the latest one. All other files remain the same.

Hope this helps 

Reply #109

Links are broken

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=MP3packer 

I've tweaked the wiki and added a link to where you can download the latest WinMP3Packer version: 1.0.18-alpha.

In psyllium's original 1.0.18-alpha zip download release he included mp3packer.exe version 1.18. 1.0.18-alpha was released on 13-06-2007 and since then mp3packer version 1.20 has been released. I have thus added mp3packer version 1.20 to the zip download. I've also replaced the mp3packer.html with the latest one. All other files remain the same.

Hope this helps 

When I run WinMP3Packer I get an error
                                      [indent]"The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000135)"
I assume it's me doing something silly. Any ideas?

Edit for spelling

Reply #110
@botface: I just downloaded it and placed it in a clean directory and ran it against a 320kbps mp3 and it worked fine. So, at least it does work.

Do you have .NET 2.0 installed?

Other than that I do not know. I've used both mp3packer & WinMP3Packer (in their many version guises) since they were released. As a user and fan of WinMP3Packer I am just providing webspace for the package to be stored at since psyllium's webspace is dead. I am not looking after it other than that I'm afraid.

Perhaps try using mp3packer on the commandline. It's quite easy. Just read the help first etc and have a play.

Reply #111
@botface: I just downloaded it and placed it in a clean directory and ran it against a 320kbps mp3 and it worked fine. So, at least it does work.

Do you have .NET 2.0 installed?

It seems I didn't have.NEt 2.0. Now I've installed it everything works fine. Many thanks

Reply #113
if you can still edit the OP, I would add somewhere that all actions taken by your tool are lossless. It might be obvious, but it is equally important.

Reply #114
Would be nice if I could figure out how to edit my old posts! Anyway I've found the latest download for this program at:
http://jaybeee.themixingbowl.org/winmp3pac....0.18-alpha.zip

My old webspace appears dead, sorry about that everyone. I should check with my friend to see if I can resurrect it somehow.

Reply #115
Would be nice if I could figure out how to edit my old posts! Anyway I've found the latest download for this program at:
http://jaybeee.themixingbowl.org/winmp3pac....0.18-alpha.zip

My old webspace appears dead, sorry about that everyone. I should check with my friend to see if I can resurrect it somehow.

Hi psyllium, can you either release the code, or fix the problem, where, if you processes a lot of files, the number of saved kbs overflows the variable, and it shows as negative? I assume you have to make it a longint type.-

Reply #116
What does the "information" column show?

I have a 128kbps mp3 file but the information column shows 320kbps.

Does it means that the original bitrate is 320kbps? The 128kbps mp3 is transcoded from a 320kbps mp3 file?

Reply #117
[...]It usually freezes like that when there are lots of log entries (the warnings can bloat the log very fast).

If the developer is still reading this: At jobs with many lines of output (one single file might suffice, it could have 10000 warning lines), then still the speed really goes down. I've played around a bit, and with those really bad files (damn you, Xing) my fairly new computer has been way below 0.05x realtime more than once.

Reply #118
[...]It usually freezes like that when there are lots of log entries (the warnings can bloat the log very fast).

my fairly new computer has been way below 0.05x realtime more than once.

The same thing.
psyllium, can you make output to log file, not to screen ? Screen output is like bad indian code now.

Reply #119
Hi all,

Great to see people are still using this app! Unfortunately, I have lost the source for this long ago .

It's potentially possible for others to decompile it and repackage it, as I see "goa pride" has done here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=103147

So all is not lost, but my work on this project is finished :/

Cheers.

Reply #120
Hello, can you help me with fixing my problem?

I'm not able to save my configuration settings to user profile file. Whenever I close the app error message such as this appears ...

Sorry for my poor English, I'm trying to get better... ;)
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Reply #122
wdggks0m.dll
That looks suspicious. Are you sure your computer does not have any viruses or malware?

I'm not sure but I use antivirus SW witth the latest updates. The name of the dll library is always different and when I look into the folder there is never such file.
I tried to delete everything from this temp folder before opening the app once again but there was no difference in behaviour.

Edit: I'll run a full scan for anything that may be harmful to my computer. I've never had any problems for years. This is the first strange behaviour I've encountered.
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Reply #123
That looks suspicious. Are you sure your computer does not have any viruses or malware?
You were right - there was something. Now it works as it should! Thanks for your suggestion.

Re: WinMP3Packer Beta released

Reply #124
anybody knows of a native linux alternative to winmp3packer / mp3repacker?