Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MPEG Audio Collection freezes when I try to add certain FLACs from DVD (Read 4549 times) previous topic - next topic

MPEG Audio Collection freezes when I try to add certain FLACs from DVD

Hi, i have one problem. When i tried to add a new volume (from dvd-rw drive) in mac, it started scanning and never stoppet, and it frozen. So I have to re-start it again and I can't add this volume. In the last occasion, it was a flac file. If I have it changed to mp3 and I can add it without any problem. I wast't the first time that it happened. ¿any suggestion?
Thanks

Reply #1
Hi, i have one problem. When i tried to add a new volume (from dvd-rw drive) in mac, it started scanning and never stoppet, and it frozen. So I have to re-start it again and I can't add this volume. In the last occasion, it was a flac file. If I have it changed to mp3 and I can add it without any problem. I wast't the first time that it happened. ¿any suggestion?
Thanks

Could you pelase explain better?
Do you mean that if (and only if) you insert in the drive a disk with a FLAC flac file in it, the drive doesn't stop spinning, the disk doesn't auto-mount (doesn't show on the desktop) and you have no way to eject it (neither fn+eject key combo or "drutil eject" from terminal)?
Does it happen only with disks with FLAC files in them?
Have you tried with more than one disk? (one at a time, of course! )
Have you installed, before this problem happening, any system extension to recognise/play FLAC files in Finder, iTunes etc...?
Have you tried with another (e.g. external) drive?

Antway, good chances are your drive is broken.
... I live by long distance.

Reply #2
It only happens with some files, not with all the FLAC files in the same folder, and all have been ripped together. On the CD disk there were 20 songs, and it happens with some of them.
The program starts adding the DVD, but when it arrives a some files, it keep charging the file for ever, and I have to close the program MPEG DISK COLLECTION  with the aid of "administrador de tareas de windows" (I imagine that the English name must be something like "windows task administrator")

Reply #3
it's the first time I have entered in this forum and I don't konw it very well. I don't konw why the title of the post has changed, what I wanted to say was "I can't add a new DVD to my MPEG Audio Collection "

Reply #4
It only happens with some files, not with all the FLAC files in the same folder, and all have been ripped together. On the CD disk there were 20 songs, and it happens with some of them.

Have you tried to burn another disk without those tracks?

The program starts adding the DVD, but when it arrives a some files, it keep charging the file for ever, and I have to close the program MPEG DISK COLLECTION

So it happens only with this program? (which I don't know and haven't found any reference on Google). Have you tried to simply copy the files on the hardisk with plain system tools?

When i tried to add a new volume (from dvd-rw drive) in mac

with the aid of "administrador de tareas de windows"

Which OS are you running, exactly?

Reply #5
what I wanted to say was "I can't add a new DVD to my MPEG Audio Collection "

Ok, so the OS is MS Windows and the program is "MPEG Audio Collection".

If after all the trials it results that neither the drive, the disk nor those specific FLAC files are broken, it is very likely a bug in the software. You could try to report it to the programmers.

Reply #6
it's the first time I have entered in this forum and I don't konw it very well. I don't konw why the title of the post has changed, what I wanted to say was "I can't add a new DVD to my MPEG Audio Collection "
Your title was changed because it was opposite to your problem—you had “I can add new DVD”, rather than “I cannot”—and inadequate, since you didn’t think to mention at all, not only in your title but in your entire post, that you were using MPEGAC.

Reply #7
I use windows xp, and it only hapens with this program (Mpeg Audio Collection) and it's not the first time it happened. I can play it with all the players I have.
¿how can I report this "bug"?
thanks

Reply #8
Here.

Reply #9
¿how can I report this "bug"?
thanks

It seems to be no more actively developed: from the program site http://mac.sourceforge.net I see that the latest version has been released on 5 October 2003 (and FLAC support is one of the newest features).

There is also an email link... good luck!