Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to compress 32 bit audio with OptimFROG? [SOLVED - use off.exe] (Read 2921 times) previous topic - next topic

How to compress 32 bit audio with OptimFROG? [SOLVED - use off.exe]

Hi.

Got a 32bit audio track, as I understand if I want to compress it while keeping 32b my only options are WavPack and OptimFROG, the latter being more efficient.

So I grabbed the latest copy of ofr and tried to encode a 32b stereo wav file. Here's what came of it:

"C:\Program Files\foobar2000\encoders\ofr.exe" --encode "C:\!\Untitled 32b.wav" "C:\!\Untitled 32b.ofr"

OptimFROG Lossless Audio Codec (Win/x86) v5.003 [2015-11-06]
Built on Nov  6 2015 23:45:52 using configuration MSCVER_WIN32_MIX86.
Copyright (C) 1996-2015 Florin Ghido, all rights reserved.
Visit http://LosslessAudio.org/ for updates and more information.
@OptimFROG is also on Twitter. E-mail: florin.ghido@gmail.com
Free for non-commercial and commercial use. However, distribution
of command-line Encoders with other software may need permission.

srcFile: <C:\!\Untitled 32b.wav>
dstFile: <C:\!\Untitled 32b.ofr>

Exception UNKNOWN in file unknown, line 0 description: sample type not yet implemented

Errors occurred compressing <C:\!\Untitled 32b.wav>

24 bit audio files are encoding just fine. I've also had no issues encoding 32b with WavPack.

What am I doing wrong in case of OptimFROG? Please advise.

Re: How to compress 32 bit audio with OptimFROG?

Reply #1
I think you have to use the off.exe program to do 32-bit floating point.

There seem to be three executables: one for integer, one for float, and one for dual-stream.

Re: How to compress 32 bit audio with OptimFROG?

Reply #2
off.exe works. Thanks a ton, bryant.

/thread