Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar and ext HDD formatting (Read 1544 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar and ext HDD formatting

I recently started to use Foobar because it was recommended for use with the Audiolab 8200CDQ.  I started to get error messages reported (something about failed writes to the ext HDD) and then the drive became inaccessible.  The drive was inaccessible to three windows PCs running Xp - 7) and eventually it was reported as being unformatted.  I have had to reformat this drive which contained over 1TB of wav files (not all backed up unfortunately).  It seems that it occurred when I started to use Foobar and I am wondering if this is pure coincidence or if there is any history of this type of thing with Foobar?  Any informatio gratefully received!

Foobar and ext HDD formatting

Reply #1
foobar2000 can't cause problems you describe. If it's a 2.5" drive that takes its power from the USB port it's important to have a high quality cable. If the drive loses power at a bad moment its file system can become corrupted. Other explanation is defects in the drive. You should check the drive's condition with manufacturer's tools or at least with chkdsk.