Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Free software for setting cue points in WMA files? (Read 5800 times) previous topic - next topic

Free software for setting cue points in WMA files?

Anyone know a free Windows program allowing setting of cue points in WMA files?

Thanks.

Reply #1
I don't know why this post has been moved to this Lossy Audio Compression forum.

FTR, the WMA format in use is lossless.

Reply #2
Hmm... dunno if WMA is supported but ...

if you have CD's ripped as lossless WMA you could try by editing the album .CUE file (get it from http://www.regeert.nl/cuesheet/ or use CueMaster -tool) so that the FILE parameter points to your .WMA file and the type is WAVE.
Example:
orig. FILE "Emmylou Harris - All I Intended To Be.mp3" MP3
mod. FILE "Emmylou Harris - All I Intended To Be.wma" WAVE

If WMA is supported then ...

if your WMA files are your own recordings (from vinyl etc.) then you probably need to convert those back to wav before you can add those cue markers. With vinyl rips you can use the CD cue file as base data but usually you need to adjust the INDEX 01 values manually.

Reply #3
Hmm... if you have CD ripped as lossless WMA you could try by editing the album .CUE file

Thanks, but these are not from CD and have no CUE.

If your WMA files are your own recordings (from vinyl etc.) then you probably need to convert those back to wav before you can add those cue markers.

Using GoldWave I can add them without converting. Just that I need a free program for other users.