Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Musepack in the upcoming Cowon Q5 (Read 7612 times) previous topic - next topic

Musepack in the upcoming Cowon Q5

I thought you may want to know...
The new iAudio Q5 PMP (made by Cowon) willplay Musepack right from the beginnig. It should be available in UK this month and in other countries by the end of fall.

This thing is packed with features and codecs. Some more info snf pics (Korean):
http://bbs.imp3.net/redirect.php?tid=38223...p;goto=lastpost

Reply #1
wow... but I don't think this is much of an improvement concidering many will install RockBox anyway. If they wanted to create a bang, the best way is to give it more processing power, so that newer features can be added via firmware updates and RockBox

PS: this should be in submitted news forum I think...

edit I think this news is already out... in this forum...

Reply #2
wow... but I don't think this is much of an improvement concidering many will install RockBox anyway. If they wanted to create a bang, the best way is to give it more processing power, so that newer features can be added via firmware updates and RockBox

PS: this should be in submitted news forum I think...

edit I think this news is already out... in this forum...

Cowon's PMPs already provide great features out-of-the-box, RockBox in this case would only be for die-hard fanatics or people with very specialized playback needs. Cowon does release official firmware updates.

I'm looking to get a D2 player after reading some reviews and David Naylor's review, it does MP3/WMA/WAV/OGG/FLAC and MPEG4/AVI/WMV (also JPEG and TXT) natively, I'm sure you'll agree this is a respectable feature set for an unmodified device.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #3
If Cowon's products supported ReplayGain on MP3s, FLACs, OGGs, MPCs, etc. (without having to install Rockbox), I'd probably buy one tomorrow.