Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets: multi views/filter presets (Read 1796 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets: multi views/filter presets

Hey everyone

I'm trying to make a multview of my music library.
I have the main folders:
-SOUNDTRACKS
-CLASSICAL
-GENRES
-COMPILATIONS

All files are tagged.

The thing is, each of these folder I browser/view using different criterias: Style/Genre/Artist/...
EG,
Classical ---> Style : Artist : Album
Genres ----> Genre : Artist : Style

So, I was wondering if it is possible to set up something in FB2K to save these 'preset views'.
By now I have to change the column filters everytime.

Thanks

Reply #1
you could used tabs
in each tab, one for every desired view, set facets up to your liking
maybe not elegant, but it does what you want

Reply #2
Thats a good solution! I'll do that.

Now, for each of those tabs I'll have to set some sort of filter on facets columns so it will filter the database.

If I'm on 'Classical' Tab, I'll want to show only files stored in folder 'Classical' like:

if %path% begins with 'Classical'

Any hint on the syntax?

Reply #3
i never cared for filters/title formatin based on paths...it's a tad complicated aka i never managed to get exactly what i want
therefore, i recommend using tags instead
just make up some new custom tag, e.g. %filter%, and go from there

there might be ways to accomplish what you want by using the path, but in the end i think that tags are a much cleaner and much more managable approach

Reply #4
found it:

%path% HAS Classical\

thanks!

Reply #5
I personally streamlined browsing my library by introducing a custom tag and an additional filter based on that. This is with Columns UI filters, but I'm fairly sure the same can achieved with Facets.

Stuff like 'soundrack' (game/movie/anime etc.) or 'classical' were simply added as a genre. From there depending on what I'm browsing I can either rely on artist tags (which are used with regular albums) or on the 'collection' tags which are just a way to isolate clusters of albums that despite having different artists, still have something in common (such as soundtracks, VA albums etc).

If you'd want to keep your four main folders intact it wouldn't be hard either relying on these tags (e.g. assigning a different file structure whether the songs have 'soundtrack' or 'classical' as their genre or whether they have collection tags at all). Is this something what you are looking for?