Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: help: New done LossLess to Lossy directory? (Read 4630 times) previous topic - next topic

help: New done LossLess to Lossy directory?

HI, Lost my patience in search,,,OK I don't have much... I think I have something simple but i got old tread, complicated things...

Here is the situation. I pass a lot of time in least few weeks to digitally transfer my music. All is now on a main directory folder "Lossless Music" with sub folder by Artist name and sub sub folder by albums.  Inside album folder, I have a .flac for each songs and a jpg of the album .  I did a Main directory folder name "MP3 lossy Music".  How can SIMPLY convert everything to that new folder keeping the directory structure:   /artist1 /album1...  /artist1 /album2  and if possible, copy the jpg too.   Understand, to problem is not to convert to MP3, it is to make an "image" of my library in an another music format.

I forgot,  I have foobar2000 V 1.4.1 on win10

Re: help: New done LossLess to Lossy directory?

Reply #1
If you are not converting anything but just copying the existing files, couldn't you just use robocopy?

Reply #2
If you are not converting anything but just copying the existing files, couldn't you just use robocopy?

I think he/she is:

I did a Main directory folder name "MP3 lossy Music".  How can SIMPLY convert everything to that new folder

@Mesnerf, that can be easily done by fine-tuning whatever MP3 preset you're using on foobar2000, by mimicking the same naming scheme used to create the lossless files. Please don't mind my own being for another format; it will work similarly for MP3 files.

Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #3
This was the part that had me confused:

Understand, to problem is not to convert to MP3, it is to make an "image" of my library in an another music format.

Reply #4
Let's here it from him/her then. :D
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #5
I did a Main directory folder name "MP3 lossy Music".  How can SIMPLY convert everything to that new folder keeping the directory structure:   /artist1 /album1...  /artist1 /album2 

Hi Mesnerf. I'm not sure if you can do exactly what you want to do easily with Foobar2000 (although it looks like you can as long as your FLACs are tagged properly), but if you want to keep the folder structure EXACTLY as it is, you can do that with LameXP: http://lamexp.sourceforge.net

To make an exact copy of your entire folder structure when converting to MP3, follow these steps:

1. Open LameXP and select the "Source Files" Tab. Drag and drop your entire FLAC folder ("Lossless Music") into the white space below.

2. Next, select the "Output Directory" tab. Navigate to your "MP3 lossy Music" folder, and select it.

3. Here's the important part: there's a checkbox on the bottom right of the window that says "Prepend relative source file path to output file". That is what will maintain the entire folder structure. Check that option.

4. Select the "Compression" tab, choose your desired format (MP3 in your case), and set your quality level / bitrate using the slider.

5. Once you're ready, click the "Encode Now!" button on the bottom left hand corner.

That's it. Once its finished, you may notice that when you open your MP3 folder, LameXP has actually nested your files within the entire folder structure extending all the way up to your root folder (usually your windows user name, if its in the standard "music" or documents" folder). Once you dig down you'll also find that your MP3s are in a folder named "Lossless Music" just like the original source folder. All you have to do at this point is move everything inside that directory outside of all the nested folders that LameXP created in the snapshot, so that they are immediately accessible in your "MP3 lossy Music" folder without having to dig down.

Hope that helps!

Reply #6
@ everybody   : thank you for your help.  After a few try, a gave up and tried Lumitopia's suggest.   Did a test with just a few folders in LameXP and it worked.  I'll start the whole process next night.  Will just have  to find a way to move my cover image file other than one by one.
thank you again

Reply #7
@ everybody   : thank you for your help.  After a few try, a gave up and tried Lumitopia's suggest.   Did a test with just a few folders in LameXP and it worked.  I'll start the whole process next night.  Will just have  to find a way to move my cover image file other than one by one.
thank you again
Glad it worked out for you bud 👍

Reply #8
Thank Lumitopia, It was so simple in LameXP, it is weird that nobody at Foobar2000 think that someone may need to do that.  Maybe they just run out of % signs....   ;)