Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: OpusEnc & FLAC Input (Read 4837 times) previous topic - next topic

OpusEnc & FLAC Input

Does opusenc not support encoding from FLAC files under Windows?

I have Opus Tools 0.1.9 in the latest Ubuntu release and it allows me to encode directly from FLAC files. On the Windows 7 machine I have "opus-tools v0.1.9 (using libopus 1.1.x-git)" and if I run [opusenc "1-09. Play It Again.flac" "109. Play It Again.opus"] I get "Error parsing input file: 1-09. Play It Again.flac"

Do I have the wrong binary for Windows or is FLAC input not supported?
--
Eric

OpusEnc & FLAC Input

Reply #2
For the sake of completion (I lost track of this post):

I don't recall where I got that binary. It had to be either the official site or rarewares. I can't think of anywhere else I would download an executable. I went to the official site today and downloaded the current codec and everything works. FLAC input and all.
--
Eric

OpusEnc & FLAC Input

Reply #3
The build I downloaded from Rarewares does not accept FLAC input, while the official encoder from Opus Tools does. I found it convenient that all tags get transferred to the lossy file even if the frontend used doesn't [fully] support that function.