Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559551 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #4625
quote: If it is already in view, it will just select it. I don't think anything has changed there...

yes it's in view of course, but it's not centered in the playlist view lake it used to do. it's not an issue. thanks

edit: i'm posting this because i had to change between diff CUI version and without caution! i lost my setting just to see where the change occure. it's only with f2k<0.9.4.5 (although CUI 0.2)

Columns UI

Reply #4626
Thanks for continuously updating/improving ColumnsUI Musicmusic - quite liking the new item properties panel!

Would if be possible in a future to extend the properties panel to allow display of technical metadata (codec, bitrate, replaygain etc.)?

Columns UI

Reply #4627
Thanks for continuously updating/improving ColumnsUI Musicmusic - quite liking the new item properties panel!

Would if be possible in a future to extend the properties panel to allow display of technical metadata (codec, bitrate, replaygain etc.)?

/x2.

Properties Panel should become something like "textdisplay" (DUI), because without TrackinfoMod there is no such thing for columns_ui atm, is there?!

best regards,
bearmann

Columns UI

Reply #4628
Properties Panel should become something like "textdisplay" (DUI), because without TrackinfoMod there is no such thing for columns_ui atm, is there?!

I use foo_uie_trackinfo.

Columns UI

Reply #4629
I apologize if this has been brought up before, but would it be possible to add some sort of override to the warning box that pops up when you attempt to import a FCL template and don't have all of the required components? 

As an example, I couldn't care less about lyrics.  However, many layouts have a lyrics panel, so I end up having to download the component to load the FCL, only to remove the component again as soon as I'm done.

Columns UI

Reply #4630
Yes it is in the works

No Item properties will remain separate from a text/title formatting based version. I may create one of those, but no guarantees yet

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but would it be possible to add some sort of override to the warning box that pops up when you attempt to import a FCL template and don't have all of the required components? 

As an example, I couldn't care less about lyrics.  However, many layouts have a lyrics panel, so I end up having to download the component to load the FCL, only to remove the component again as soon as I'm done.
I understand where you are coming from.. however I need to look at the implementation side of things and think a bit more about the implications.

Columns UI

Reply #4631
Item Properties is more like f2k > 0.9.5.2
there should be more options.
at least defined window borders

could there be more options to artview context menu, (beside aspect ratio) like some config command (foo_run or whatever available)

of course all of this because CUI it the f2k gui:)

Columns UI

Reply #4632
so after reading the feature request, i have one thing to propose for the filter panel. An option to hide the headers.
Like that it will be easier to integrate to config

Columns UI

Reply #4633
How to delete group offset in playlist NG, or change it?
I mean this:

Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #4634
I am definitely loving the newer Columns UI, particularly the NG Playlist and Filters.

However, is there any way to get the Filters to use a specific playlist as the autoplaylist target? I'd rather not have it create a playlist called Filter Results (and correspondingly Filter Results (Playback)).

Thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #4635
Hello everybody,

I am more or less a noob with Foobar so I apologize if I'm not posting this where I ought to or if this question has already been asked before.

I would just like "somebody who knows better" to explain a few things to me, please.

Here is my problem :

I would like to have the Quicksearch toolbar, the Explorer tree and the Equalizer in my config ; but when I use columns UI, it seems that the equalizer is not available in the panel list (or did I miss it ??) and when I use the Default interface, it's the Explorer tree and the Quicksearch toolbar that don't seem to appear in the panels available...

I tried to use the dockable panels (Explorer tree and Quicksearch toolbar) with the Default user interface (Equalizer) but, in this configuration, the dockable panels don't seem to "stick" to the main window when you move it (whereas it is the case when using Columns UI)...

Could you please tell me if there is a specific dll to download to have the equalizer available in the Columns UI panels ? Or what I have missed to make the dockable panels stick to the Default user interface's main window ?

My Foobar2000 is the 9.5.5 version.

I'm sorry for bothering you all with my "noob post". The only reason why I ventured to send this post is because I think Foobar is really awesome!! It would be just perfect if I could solve this little problem but if it's not possible, I will still use it and recommend it because I really think Foobar is much better than the other audio players and I warmly thank all the people who develop Foobar and its components.

Thanks for reading and for any eventual help.

Columns UI

Reply #4636
I think I've found a bug, not sure when it was introduced since I just reformatted and installed the latest versions (0.9.5.5 and 0.3.4.1 respectively) of foobar2000 and Columns_UI and I don't know how many revisions behind I was before this.

Anyway, I like to keep my foobar really really minimal (read: hide everything) and manage it through hotkeys, media keys and the context menu. Today I noticed that hiding the menu bar makes the sort by... option disappear from the context menu, which kind of defeats the purpose of hiding the menu bar in the first place. I know this did not happen in whatever old version I was using. A workaround is of course to add a hotkey for that too, but I kind of liked having it in the context menu, and either way there's no real logic to having the option disappear like that.

I guess it's possible that there's some conflict with some other component I'm using so I'd appreciate it if someone could check if they could duplicate this.

Columns UI

Reply #4637
Hey musicmusic.

May I please request adding width and height definers to the splitters?
So you can restrict a splitter window to a certain size of pixels?

This would really help, especially when using the 'Auto-hide' feature - making it so some panels stretch, but others keep there original size.

EDIT: Maybe the "Locked" feature could lock the pixel size of that 'window' - so when something Auto-hide's, that panel keeps it's size, but the others around it stretch? What does "Locked" actually do?

EDIT2: I am using the "Auto-hide" feature which is really nice. One thing though, when the 'window' goes from visible to hidden, for a split second, a few white boxes appear and then disappear. This does happen in the reverse though, from hidden to visible. It has a problem refreshing the screen correctly I think. Very minor fault - but obvious.

Cheers

Columns UI

Reply #4638
i think this would be cool to have in columns ui rather then an extra component... making it official means more people would use it..  but it if goes against the mentality of the development then thats fair enough...

does anyone know if this is possible with panel splitter or whatever its called..

Columns UI

Reply #4639

As picture shows, i just got one step to go, that is how to set //unselected text color

heres my scripts are located in <Globe Style >section.

Code: [Select]
//text
000000|FFFFFF

// selected background
$if(%_isplaying%,$rgb(87,87,87),

$if($strcmp($mod(%_playlist_number%,),0),

FFFFFF,$rgb(247,174,8)))|$rgb(0,0,0)

but once the text unselected, the text color changes to Black color... how can i make it correct to white.

thanks a lot in advanced.

Columns UI

Reply #4640
Hello,

I would like to display multilines info in the items properties,
but only the first line is shown (with all lines displayed on the same line)

a screenshot (personnel = comment)

Columns UI

Reply #4641
NG Playlist request:
i don't know if somebody requested it or i'm requesting too often but i would like to see disc artwork in playlist if front/back are unavailable.

Artwork request:
also i'd like to be able to use some reg. exp. like "*" or at least "?" in artwork view

thanks

Columns UI

Reply #4642
Hi,

I tried the Album Artwork columns, and I have one problem :

My album are sorted like this :

Artist/Album
Artist/Album/Disc 1
Artist/Album/Disc 2 - With title

Occasionally I can have a front.jpg file in the "Artist/Album/Disc 1" directory, or in "Artist/Album" if it's a two disc album (meaning, I've got only the cd case).

For this to work, I tried this as Artwork Sources:

..\front;..\Disc 1\front;front

Which would means for me, and for file Artist/Album/Disc 1/a.flc :

search Artist/Album/front.{jpg,gif,png,etc}
search Artist/Album/Disc 1/front.{jpg,gif,png,etc}
search Artist/Album/Disc 1/front.{jpg,gif,png,etc}

However, while the front.jpg file exists, it is not displayed.

So my real questions are

1) what is wrong ?
2) is there some log possible? would like to know what I'm doing wrong or what Columns UI/Artwork is doing wrong?

Also, I'd like to know is there is a way to refresh an artwork when in NG Playlist?

Columns UI

Reply #4643
artwork source:
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front

you can refresh artwork in a NG Playlist by switching to another playlist and then switching back.

Columns UI

Reply #4644
I just installed ColumnsUI and using NG Playlist, im wondering if the menu in the screenshot really should be possible to hook or do i have to click it each time to get to the active song in the playlist?

It is currently not possible here atleast with Vista 64 bit to hook that menu, so for each time i change song with random play i have to click the menu to find the album its playing from.

Columns UI

Reply #4645
@Bruners

You can double click at status bar to activate now playing track or set the hotkey for it in Preference > General > Keyboard shortcuts.

Columns UI

Reply #4646
@Bruners

You can double click at status bar to activate now playing track or set the hotkey for it in Preference > General > Keyboard shortcuts.

But can it be set to always do that when a song is changed?

Columns UI

Reply #4649
artwork source:
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front

you can refresh artwork in a NG Playlist by switching to another playlist and then switching back.

I'm not sure to understand?

Are you telling me that I should use absolute path? eg: $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)/../front ?

i'm a little blind there