Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Comparing how two software handle audio - Lossless playback problem (Read 2107 times) previous topic - next topic

Comparing how two software handle audio - Lossless playback problem

I use a piece of software called OtsAV for DJ and radio playout purposes (it largely has no competitors below the four-figure mark, so it's difficult to change), and I've been having some trouble getting it to playout my lossless audio in, well, lossless form.

Long story short, when I play out lossless audio in foobar2000 it is represented faithfully, but in OtsAV it's truncated at the 19000hz or so mark. This doesn't happen in Ots Studio, another piece of their software, and I'm told that OtsAV handles lossless perfectly well and that other users don't get this problem. Observe the issue below, OtsAV is on the left and foobar2000 on the right:

Reply #1
It looks like OtsAV has a lowpass filter enabled.  Check and see if you can disable it.  If not, you'll have to either accept that some irrelevant ultrasonic content has been removed, or find some other software.

Reply #2
OtsAV for DJ and radio...
The audio bandwidth of FM radio is limited because of the 19kHz stereo multiplex carrier.  But, I'm pretty sure the low-pass filter is part of the transmitter so I don't know why they would put a filter in the software.

Maybe there's a "radio" option that you can turn-off???

Reply #3
OtsAV for DJ and radio...
The audio bandwidth of FM radio is limited because of the 19kHz stereo multiplex carrier.  But, I'm pretty sure the low-pass filter is part of the transmitter so I don't know why they would put a filter in the software.

Maybe there's a "radio" option that you can turn-off???

The low pass in fm is more like 14 to 15 khz, since the audio needs to be well separated from the carrier.