Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unexplained error with writer (Read 2608 times) previous topic - next topic

Unexplained error with writer

I've been using a Creative Lab 8438 cd writer (get your laughs out of the way! ).
Anyway, I've been burning without any problems using Kodak Ultima 80 gold cdr's
I burnt 8 earlier today.  All of a sudden it would not requinize the blank cdr's.  I tried 15 different ones, nothing.  I used Nero 5.5.9 and also Feurio.  So I slipped a Memorex in the slot and...BAAAAM, worked perfect.  Took the kodak Golds to anoughter system...No problems....I must of burned 150 of these cd's in the past why all of a sudden.  :needhelp:
What if the Hokey Pokey....is What it's all about?

Reply #1
:too_hot:

Well 44 views and no replies I guess I have to choices use what I think are inferior cdr's or buy a different cd burner.  I don't want to use cheap cdr's so I guess I'll look into buying a cd burner...What do you think....any suggestions.
What if the Hokey Pokey....is What it's all about?

Reply #2
Originally posted by smg
Well 44 views and no replies I guess I have to choices use what I think are inferior cdr's or buy a different cd burner.   I don't want to use cheap cdr's so I guess I'll look into buying a cd burner...What do you think....any suggestions.

You could take a look at this thread for some suggestions.
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one! (Benjamin Franklin)