Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Idea: create GUI with web browser, JavaScript, HTML (Read 3613 times) previous topic - next topic

Idea: create GUI with web browser, JavaScript, HTML

Well this is my personal opinion but the cool gui of foobar2000 went away with PanelsUI and so did my usage of foobar2000, sadly.

I have been thinking about a idea why not use a webbrowser that way every body who knew html and javascript could create their own gui.

After doing some research it seems possible using c# and the IE control i could invoke a c# method from javascript and the other way around, the only thing i could not figure out was how to send a image(album art?) to the control without the use of some web server..

Any way after diving into the foobar2000 sdk i realized that i do not have the c++ knowledge to implement this project, is there some one else who is interested in doing some sort of prototype to test if this would work?

Reply #1
Well this is my personal opinion but the cool gui of foobar2000 went away with PanelsUI and so did my usage of foobar2000, sadly.

I have been thinking about a idea why not use a webbrowser that way every body who knew html and javascript could create their own gui.

After doing some research it seems possible using c# and the IE control i could invoke a c# method from javascript and the other way around, the only thing i could not figure out was how to send a image(album art?) to the control without the use of some web server..

Any way after diving into the foobar2000 sdk i realized that i do not have the c++ knowledge to implement this project, is there some one else who is interested in doing some sort of prototype to test if this would work?

Use foo_httpcontrol.dll - display playlist in IE, Opera, Firefox and etc. ( http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=62218 )

Reply #2
I don't use C# programs on my computer (unless sandboxed and portable).
I don't want Microsoft .NET runtime libraries installed in my system (unless sandboxed and portable).
I don't use JAVA programs on my computer (unless sandboxed and portable).
I don't want JAVA runtime libraries installed in my system (unless sandboxed and portable).
I don't want HTML and JAVASCRIPT rendering applications to have the ability to natively run executable code!!!

Reply #3
I don't use C# programs on my computer (unless sandboxed and portable).
I don't want Microsoft .NET runtime libraries installed in my system (unless sandboxed and portable).
I don't use JAVA programs on my computer (unless sandboxed and portable).
I don't want JAVA runtime libraries installed in my system (unless sandboxed and portable).
I don't want HTML and JAVASCRIPT rendering applications to have the ability to natively run executable code!!!

Well i don't want to implement this with c# its was just to test if it was possible, but sure if you don't want javascript to call native code then this would not work, but i don't see the harm if you got access to all the js and html?

Reply #4
I think it should be more like using Webkit to render the UI. That would be awesome in fact and the possibilities would be endless. Seems that we already heading that direction (Metro UI in Windows 8 uses HTML apps).