Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio gone after long pause or PC sleep (Read 2562 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio gone after long pause or PC sleep

Hi,

I just started using foobar2000 (v1.1.11) on my Windows 7 laptop.  I'm playing FLAC files of my CD collection.

When I pause foobar for an extended period of time (more than a few minutes) and then press play, there is no audio.  The little freq. graph next the volume shows that foobar is decoding the file and time playback time is increasing, but there is no audio through my headphones.  If I then quit foobar and start it again, everything works fine.

It is kind of annoying.  I may try another player to see if the same thing happens.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

-tom

Reply #1
Hmmm.  Same thing happened with Winamp.  Must be something with the audio setup in Windows 7.

If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to post them.  I'll respond if I figure it out.

-tom

Reply #2
Are you using an HDMI connection?

Reply #3
No HDMI, just headphone attached to the docking station.

I think I've fixed it (with some help from Google searches).  I removed the IDT HD Audio CODEC drivers completely and am now using the Microsoft High Definition Audio drivers.

Hopefully that keeps working.

Thanks,

-tom