Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: problem with albumart source (Read 3982 times) previous topic - next topic

problem with albumart source

Hi all,

Iam using foobar and iam very happy with it. But there seems to be a bug in the albumart component.
I use:

"C:\Programme\foobar2000\coverdownloader\cover\%artist%_$replace(%album%,:,).jpg"

for the source.. The Preview displays:

"C:\Programme\foobar2000\coverdownloader\cover\Timbaland_Presents Shock Value.jpg"

for example...
that is totaly right. But albumart won't load artworks with a removed ":". The files are there... but albumart doesn't load them :-(

Anyone had the same problem?

Thanks for help.

Reply #1
It's not a bug, just not the behavior you're expecting.  Invalid filename characters in tags (such as ':' and '/') are replaced with the wildcard '?' before any other titleformatting functions (such as $replace) are evaluated.  That means you can't define exactly how invalid characters are replaced.

Reply #2
OK!. for example:

artist: John Williams
album: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

the cover is correctly stored here:
C:\Programme\foobar2000\coverdownloader\cover\John Williams_Star Wars Episode III Revenge Of The Sith.jpg

what is the correct string for albumart to display it?

thx for help.

Reply #3
You'll have to rename the cover to something like:

C:\Programme\foobar2000\coverdownloader\cover\John Williams_Star Wars Episode III_ Revenge Of The Sith.jpg

The point is, you have to replace the ":" with another character in the filename.  As far as I know, there is no way to make it work with the colon removed.

Reply #4
AHhhhhhhhh.
Big thx. finaly working. I didn't thought about replacing with another legit character.