Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do you recreate the CD using a flac file (Read 4082 times) previous topic - next topic

How do you recreate the CD using a flac file

Sorry the title should have been "How do you recreate the CD using a flac file with internal cue sheets"

Reply #1
1. Is burnatonce the best for recreating the CD again using flac + cuesheet?
2. Which burning program is best for recreating the CD again using flac + internal cuesheet?

Thanks in advance

Reply #2
If writing works fine with EAC on your machine...then use Tools>Write CD-R. That will bring up the CD Layout Editor. Now go to File>Load CUE Sheet. If there is errors (such as missing file(s)), it will tell you. I haven't taken it any further than this. Post back on your results.

xen-uno
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #3
Thanks for the reply.

I tried what you said, but its looking for an external cuesheet.  I have a flac file with an internal cuesheet!!!

What am I supposed to do???

Reply #4
You can export cue sheet with metaflac.

Reply #5
You can export cue sheet with metaflac.

Thanks

That works perfectly.

I still have a problem.  I have a fully tagged and replaygained cuesheet for a flac file (this flac file is a full audio CD).  When I double click on the cuesheet, it opens up in foobar and plays and displays the tags correctly.  However, then I use metaflac to import the cuesheet into the flac file, all the track possitions are correct but all the tags are lost.  Am I missing something???

Also, how do you create a "vorbis comment" file, so I can use the "--import-vc-from=MyFile" command to add tags to the flac file?

Reply #6
Hello JEN!

AFAIK the FLAC format stores cuesheet and tag information in different metadata blocks.

By exporting cuesheet-info there are only cue info stored in the generated cue-file.

But I can't tell you a adequate solution for your problem.
My suggestion: Try exporting tag info from flac file, too. (metaflac --export-vc-to=tag info file)

Reply #7
Hello JEN!

AFAIK the FLAC format stores cuesheet and tag information in different metadata blocks.

By exporting cuesheet-info there are only cue info stored in the generated cue-file.

But I can't tell you a adequate solution for your problem.
My suggestion: Try exporting tag info from flac file, too. (metaflac --export-vc-to=tag info file)

Hi Naturfreak

That was 1 cool suggestion.  I tried it out and got the tags in a file.  However, it was only for a file file containing only 1 track, not the whole CD.  How am I supposed to do that for multiple tracks???

Reply #8
I've been wondering the same thing. I would like to rip CD's as an image with a cue sheet. At some point in the future, I would like to take that one big flac and break it up into individual tracks (via the cue sheet), with each properly tagged with correct track title as well as other data not found in the cue sheet (year & genre). It would also be nice if you could break out a selectable range of tracks as one (because some tracks blend into each other...ie Dark Side of the Moon), using the cue sheet to provide start/stop points. Maybe EAC can do this now (once the flac has been turned to a wave). I'm relatively new to the world of cue sheets.

I just wonder how accurate EAC start/stop  points are if you don't mess with offsets (for joining purposes). For example (in absolute terms), track 1's last sample is 500 and track 2's first sample is 501 on the CD. If I rip the tracks individually (once again, not goofing with offsets), will EAC make 500 the last sample for T1, and start T2's first sample at 501 (now #1 relatively)? Maybe I shouldn't worry about a +/- shift horizontally (time scale) of a few samples...they should not be audible.

xen-uno
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #9
OK,  I now know how to add the cuesheet to the flac file, and how to add the album and artist tags because they are the same for all the files.  Does anyone know how to add separate tags to each file.

For example, TITLE=Track01 for the first track, TITLE=Track02 for the second track and so on, as they are different for each track.

Thanks for all the replies