Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Two last equalizer bands don't change sound  (Read 2107 times) previous topic - next topic

Two last equalizer bands don't change sound

Hello!
In last versions of Foobar2000 for Windows two last equalizer bands don't change sound at all. I was tried to run different software's version, did it on different PCs with many Windows edition, but saw the same. What a reason of the problem and how I may to fix it?

Re: Two last equalizer bands don't change sound

Reply #1
I can't hear much up there, but I can clearly see the 14KHz and 20KHz bands respond to input from the Equalizer.  Maybe your track has no content in those ranges?  This on foobar2000 v1.6.6.

Reply #2
I can clearly see the 14KHz and 20KHz bands respond to input from the Equalizer.
Thanks for the quick response.
You right! I recorded generator signal 15 kHz. I played to DAC (NuPrime uDSD) and hearded the tone of sound.

I need an second answer. For Hi Res 96 kHz is sufficient, but the minimum frequency should be 192 kHz. Why doesn't the player oversample to 192 kHz? For CD rips this would be relevant.

Reply #3
In Foobar 1.6.6, the included RetroArch resampler can do 192k (and +) if you insert it in your DSP chain.  Also, the separate plugin foo_dsp_resampler (SoX resampler) will do 192k.  Your choice if you decide that's what you need.

Reply #4
I had a need for sound correction. To do this, you need to use the equalizer for more than 20 bands. What do you advise?