Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_utils (Read 180075 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_utils

Reply #50
Using foo_utils very often in different scenarios i remarked that there are two features i miss:

1. edit->crop in playlist,edit other->crop in specified playlist (and play).

2. an option to set  if using one of all that edit and edit other commands which start playback (f.e. add to specified playlist and play -> ... or whatever else) that the playback begins after the currently playing track finishes

foo_utils

Reply #51
I thought that it was a bug in ColumnsUi and so i bothered musicmusic.  I used for a long time the option "Activate target playlist" checked. But since foo 0.94 i decided to uncheck the option and the result is that if i use f.e. add to playlist and play -> (playlistname) the selected is sended to specified playlist but played in active playlist.  As i can remember in earlier versions of foobar the selected track was played in specified playlist. Or am I wrong?

foo_utils

Reply #52
When using that command, foo_utils starts playback of the first transferred track in th target playlist by simulating a doubleclick on it through the proper API. Apparently there is a bug in foobar2000 itself, that is triggered when this is performed on a playlist that is not the active one. I'll point Peter to it.

foo_utils

Reply #53
When using that command, foo_utils starts playback of the first transferred track in th target playlist by simulating a doubleclick on it through the proper API. Apparently there is a bug in foobar2000 itself, that is triggered when this is performed on a playlist that is not the active one. I'll point Peter to it.

I hoped so much that this "bug" would dissappear in the new release so that i could realize my desired configuration but... 

foo_utils

Reply #54
are there a function like %playlist_total_time% and %playlist_total_filesize% in text tools now?

foo_utils

Reply #56
and the development is stopped?

"mature" means you think it has all functions it should have?

foo_utils

Reply #57
I give a component the label "mature" if I think it has enough functionality to be useful in the context I made it for and if it has a certain degree of stability, which means it has had enough testing to find and remove most bugs and that there will likely be no incompatible changes (menu commands, configuration format, etc.), at least not without a clear upgrade path. A beta version of a mature version may suffer from reduced stability.

Development of foo_utils is on hold until I find a convincing reason to work on it.

foo_utils

Reply #58
i would like to have %total_playlist_time% and %total_playlist_size% - isn't it a convincing reason to work on it 

ok i have to live without - you can not have all for free =)

foo_utils

Reply #60
This will sound strange but setting a keyboard shortcut as a global hotkey wont work with foo_utils-commands

and much more strange: While running foobar with foo_utils-plugin the network-connection will slow down heavily. After closing foobar and/or uninstalling foo_utils the network speed returns to its old level.
This problem is repeatable on my system.

I'm using
-foobar 0.9.4.2 (later 0.9.4.3 with the same problems)
-Windows XP Home (all updates installed)
-Intel Centrino: Pentium M 1,6 GHz, Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Controller)

Any idea?

foo_utils

Reply #61
This will sound strange but setting a keyboard shortcut as a global hotkey wont work with foo_utils-commands

What variation of the context menu command do you use for that hotkey: [context], [context / now playing] or [context / playlist]? Global hotkeys have no default context, so you cannot use the first one.

and much more strange: While running foobar with foo_utils-plugin the network-connection will slow down heavily. After closing foobar and/or uninstalling foo_utils the network speed returns to its old level.
This problem is repeatable on my system.

Strange indeed, as foo_utils does not contain network related functionality. Moreover, it is inactive until you invoke one of its menu commands. So no, I have no idea on that one.

foo_utils

Reply #62
thanks foosion - works now with context / now playing

After installing new drivers for my network card the connection problem is also gone.
All I have to say now is:
Great great great plugin!

foo_utils

Reply #63
Not a feature request but more a suggestion for next version:

Instead of "Edit" and "Edit other" as main menus i think it would be easier for new users to have following three menus: "Active Playlist", "Specified Playlist", "Clipboard".

foo_utils

Reply #64
foo_utils 0.6.2 beta 1
Requires foobar2000 0.9.5 and Windows XP.

Changes:
  • Clipboard related commands and the "Play" context menu command have been removed since they are part of foobar2000 0.9.5 itself.
  • Some minor fixes here and there.
  • Added advanced sorting dialog:

Use "Edit/Sort/Sort by fields..." to open the window. Note that it is modeless, which means you can click on and use other parts of foobar2000 while it is open. For example, you can change the playlist. It will always sort the playlist that is active when you press the Sort button. Another version of this window is available from "Edit/Selection/Sort/Sort by fields..." or from the Sort submenu of the playlist context menu which only sorts the playlist selection.
    I almost forgot to mention this: The plugin takes the displayed fields from a setting on the Advanced preferences page. The settings is located in Tools > Playlist Tools. The syntax is the same as for the standard fields in the foobar2000 properties dialog, though the interpretation is a bit different. The fields are always evaluated using title formatting, so "Play Count=PLAY_COUNT" will work even with the official play count plugin and no tag synchronization (i.e. when the PLAY_COUNT field is not actually written to the file, but only provided through title formatting).
Download

Note: 0.6.0 and 0.6.1 were only released to participants of the closed foobar2000 0.9.5 alpha test.

foo_utils

Reply #65
cool, hope to see some stuff like read-only incorporated into foobar.

foo_utils

Reply #66
Is it normal that, using the latest beta (0.6.2 b3) in the latest foobar version (9.5 beta 2), there are no cut/copy/paste commands assignable as keyboard shortcuts?

I can only find copy command, but not cut nor paste. Cut/Copy/Paste is integrated into the Default User Interface in 9.5 b2, which I imagine may have been a reason behind removing the command, but because of this I cannot use them under Columns UI. I was forced to revert to the older foo_utils version.

(see also http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....p;#entry526657)

foo_utils

Reply #68
It seems that the "Highlight in Playlist" function is not part for foo_utils in the latest version.  Is there a reason for this?  Is there another way to do the same thing in the new Foobar beta that I am missing?

Forget it... I found it.  Sorry for the inaccurate post.

Thanks!

foo_utils

Reply #69
"Edit/Highlight in Playlist" is definitely part of foo_utils 0.6.2 beta 3. However it is not available for the playlist context menu. If it is not visible in the context menu at all you may need to add it in the context menu editor.

foo_utils

Reply #70
However it is not available for the playlist context menu.

Just out of curiosity: Does it make sense to have "Remove from playlist" available in playlist context menu although foobar core already offers "remove"?

foo_utils

Reply #71
So, we have a "readonly playlist" feature - this is good!
But is there any variable that represents current playlist state? (e.g. %is_locked%).
I actually haven't found such or similar. Please, show me the name of this variable or add it to next version if it doesn't exist.

I am gonna use this variable in ColumnUI's playlist switcher and may be in PanelsUI in future(if I handle to manage that last one:))

And... thanks for good plugin!

foo_utils

Reply #72
It is technically not possible to add such a title formatting field in foo_utils. However, the Columns UI playlist switcher already has such functionality built in. Please see its documentation.

foo_utils

Reply #73
Thanks for the update with the sorting functionality.

Just a thought: it would be useful if the sort window remembered the selected fields and options between invocations!

foo_utils

Reply #74
hi, looks like when using "edit\insert into current playlist" with latest 0.6.2 beta 3 the tracks are not sorted properly.  I tried changing "sort incoming files by" under general which didnt do anything when using "edit\insert into current playlist"