Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491534 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #426
Wow. Thanks for info, I'll fix this as soon as I can.

Reply #427
New version 1.4.2

Changelog:
- fixed crash at adding some clips

Reply #428
I just installed this yesterday and I've noticed that on every video it stops at like 12-14 seconds before it ends. It seems to happen regardless of how long the video is.

Reply #429
Try 'foo_youtube' from Preferences -> Tools -> Youtube Source -> Decoder -> Media downloading.

Reply #430
Hi, thanks for this component, it is great.
Would it be possible to add and option to specify integrated search component output playlist?
Thank you very much for your answer.

Reply #431
If you need this in order to do not accidentally wipe playlist, you can use foobar Undo command, it cancels any change that component does in the playlists.

But this has been asked several times so seems to be the reason for the above is not the only one. So yes, there will be an option to specify integrated search component output playlist.

Reply #433
If you need this in order to do not accidentally wipe playlist, you can use foobar Undo command, it cancels any change that component does in the playlists.

But this has been asked several times so seems to be the reason for the above is not the only one. So yes, there will be an option to specify integrated search component output playlist.

You are right, there is another reason. Let me explain.
I would like to connect youtube search with an instance of ELPlaylist (bound to the specific playlist).
That would allow me to create my own youtube search panel.
From there I could send whichever tracks I want to the active playlist by non-invasive manner.

I figured similar solution for library searching, it works great and looks compact.

Thanks very much again

Reply #435
The main (and the only) problem is that component designed for Youtube. So this word (Youtube) is everywhere in UI and also in the component title. At other hand, creation of an additional component for the other site is also not the solution - there are a lot of common things which will be duplicated in this case. I'll add it.

Reply #436
New version 1.5

Changelog:
- Vimeo support. Playlists and search are not supported, all other should work
- destination playlist setup for integrated search. Because of this need re-add integrated search UI elements, sorry about that. Added config versioning to prevent this in future
- upload time search filter
- additional youtube-specific metadata (uploader, rating, view count, upload date)
- auto reset decoding settings when switching between standalone and preconfigured component variants. Read about the problem here (at least 3rd paragraph)
- youtube-specific metadata prefix changed. Because now it not only Youtube clips metadata, prefix changed from youtube_ to 3dydfy_. For existing items metadata will reset at next item play. To force reset use Properties -> Tools -> Reload info in playlist items context menu (does not require Internet access). Sorry for possible inconvenience
- video window fallback text changed according to new metadata. At first start value will be reset to the new

Reply #437
New version 1.6

Changelog:
- optional own downloader for video (foo_youtube in Features -> Video -> Media Downloading)
- temporary directory selection for own downloader (both audio and video). See Preferences -> Advanced -> Youtube Source -> Temporary directory. Empty value (default) means Windows Temp directory. Any other string threats as path. If entered not absolute path, it threats as relative to foobar user profile directory. If directory does not exist, component creates it at first use. If directory cannot be accessed (invalid path or not enough rights to access it) decoding error will occur.
- own downloader fixed and little improved to bypass several temporary connection problems
- ffmpeg path was not reset at standalone/preconf switch, fixed

Reply #438
New version 1.6

Changelog:
- optional own downloader for video (foo_youtube in Features -> Video -> Media Downloading)
- temporary directory selection for own downloader (both audio and video). See Preferences -> Advanced -> Youtube Source -> Temporary directory. Empty value (default) means Windows Temp directory. Any other string threats as path. If entered not absolute path, it threats as relative to foobar user profile directory. If directory does not exist, component creates it at first use. If directory cannot be accessed (invalid path or not enough rights to access it) decoding error will occur.
- own downloader fixed and little improved to bypass several temporary connection problems
- ffmpeg path was not reset at standalone/preconf switch, fixed

Wow this is great, video start is fast, and there is no delay, even for large videos..
Sinhoronization is better between video and audio now..
I'm using audio: foobar2000, ffmpeg ; video: foo_youtube.
Thanks for update

Reply #439
New version 1.6.1

Changelog:
- fixed program hang at clip playback start in rare cases

Reply #440
Can anyone know whether it is possible to foobar2000 text wrapping, and if so, what is the syntax. I use the plug-in Columns UI and Foo_Youtube and now needs to wrap the text for the field [%3dydfy_description%] or description of the video downloaded from Youtube.

Many thanks for a great plugin.

Reply #441
have you tried the item details panel? that's part of columns UI and supports wrapping text.

Reply #443
Is it possible to improve the speed of loading a file with the option "allow seeking over M4A", because now it works very slowly. That would be great - amazes me every day this plugin.

Reply #444
AFAIK no, that's why for allowing this used separated checkbox, disabled by default. Additional info: About MP4 DASH files.

Reply #445
Just another small request, to expand the plugin to more sites. "DailyMotion"
Example http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xeiil_hat...-for-this_music

Could not find this musicvideo on any you-tube, so might be alot of other songs with same "problem"....
Well if you add it, THX, if not I understand.

Either way. tested out the latest version and things are really working nice. Awesome work.

Reply #446
New version 1.7

Changelog:
- Dailymotion support. Supported single clips and feeds
- analysis improvements to bypass several temporary connection problems. All requests now provide retrying at connection problems

Reply #447
Thank you for your great plug-in.

Is there any method to change the edge style when I insert "Youtube Source - Search (Integrated)" in the UI panel?

I'm using every plugin components with egge style-none. But, I couldn't find that option with "Youtube plugin".

Reply #448
This option exist for CUI panel. Right click within panel area (but outside search edit box) and uncheck 'Static edge' menu item. For DUI there are no such option however I not seen that DUI elements worried much about window edge.

Reply #449
This option exist for CUI panel. Right click within panel area (but outside search edit box) and uncheck 'Static edge' menu item. For DUI there are no such option however I not seen that DUI elements worried much about window edge.

I'm now using foo_Razor skin from Br3tt.
As you can see from the attached image, I managed to set all plugins with "none" edge styles except for foo_youtube.
I guess that it might need a lot of effort and your valuable time. But, if possilbe, please consider to implement it with this option.