Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lossyWAV 1.0.0 released. (Read 70748 times) previous topic - next topic

lossyWAV 1.0.0 released.

Reply #50
I'd like to integrate lossyWAV into foobar2000. But I always receive an error at the end (Obejct not found). Could you please add an output option that we can set output file names in the codec? I can't let foobar ignore that %d is missing in my encoding paramters
FB2K,APE&LAME

lossyWAV 1.0.0 released.

Reply #51
I'd like to integrate lossyWAV into foobar2000. But I always receive an error at the end (Obejct not found). Could you please add an output option that we can set output file names in the codec? I can't let foobar ignore that %d is missing in my encoding paramters

Doesn't it work the way shown in the wiki?
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

lossyWAV 1.0.0 released.

Reply #52
Hello there everyone, I want to convert some lossyWAV files to lossyFLAC (to be able to edit metadata, etc.)

The Wiki article says i should use the following command line options with FLAC encoder:

Code: [Select]
-5 -b 512 --keep-foreign-metadata

My question is: why is [-5] compression quality deliberately used in this example? Should I obey this compression quality? I'm always encoding my FLAC files with [-8] compression setting, is it uncompatible with lossyWAV ?

All clarification is very welcome. Thanks.

lossyWAV 1.0.0 released.

Reply #53
You can use whichever compression setting/level you want.
The -b 512 is important to match the blocksize, so minimising bitrate.
The --keep-foreign-metadata keeps an extra field in the wavefile which marks it as lossyWAV processed, which can be useful but isn't needed.

Cheers,
David.

lossyWAV 1.0.0 released.

Reply #54
The -5 quality level is recommended, but not mandatory.

Due to the usage of the -b 512 switch (which in turn, is needed for what 2bdecided said), the quality levels higher than 5 are not able to reduce the size as much as if they used the default setting, but they still use more CPU.

All in all, it's up to you to try and decide if it is worth using -8 or not.