Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC won't boot up  (Read 2446 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC won't boot up

It just stays at the "Exact Audio Copy is starting up... Please wait!" and it never boots up. I've tried reinstalling it multiple times and it still doesn't work. I've never had this problem until a couple months ago. Could it be the fact that it's still running on XP?
If anyone could help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it. Please tell me if I left out any important information since this is my first post here and I'm not that good with computers. This has been bothering me for months.

Re: EAC won't boot up

Reply #2
I can't seem to download wnaspi32.dll from both of those threads. Is there another link?

Reply #4
Thank you that link worked. Sadly I've done those six steps in the first link you sent and it still won't start. Any other ideas?

Reply #5
I can't get EAC to work on my Windows 10 PC unless I right click and choose "Run As Administrator."

Reply #6
I don't know my password for administrator but when I right click and run as current user I get this "Unhandled exception at EAC.7033 -> WHOLE-OVERFLOW" I googled that and found nothing.

Reply #7
apastuszak,
Some have reported using Windows 7 Compatibility mode for the "Exact Audio Copy is starting up... Please wait!" issue in Win 10.

GGSBNDS,
Don't know if this will help:
"Adobe Drive", "TortoiseSVN and/or TortoiseGit client" are known to conflict with EAC.
also
- If problems persist, try deleting the EAC options using Regedit.exe under the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AWSoftware
found in http://www.digital-inn.de/threads/for-all-problems-read-first.21148/

korth