Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1361924 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2826
fer me it works as well on 10

Reply #2827
I think that all the "oldies (but goodies)" of us we need a discogs plugin which doesn't need/use the fb2k/IE/Win7 TLS settings, but his own, just i.e. other browsers use under Win7-systems.

Reply #2829
Well that does suck, at least for those of us that choose not to leave W7.

Actually, on windows 7 it works again today. A lot of people (myself including, but I won't tell you my "super secret" discogs nick) have been hassling them on their forums:
https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/809470 & here https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/809378 specifically.

Try to remove your current app key on discogs, and then reauth from scratch in the discogs tagger config to see if you can get it going again.

*Clinch your butt cheeks, 'cause who knows how long it'll last.

Reply #2830

Try to remove your current app key on discogs, and then reauth from scratch in the discogs tagger config to see if you can get it going again.
[/quote]

Good news!
Thank You refried for all Your efforts.
For me it's working again under Win7 and the latest fb2k.

May I have please a question?
Do You think is it necessary to remove my old key on discogs-website and then reauth in the discogs-tagger-config?

Reply #2831

Good news!
Thank You refried for all Your efforts.
For me it's working again under Win7 and the latest fb2k.

May I have please a question?
Do You think is it necessary to remove my old key on discogs-website and then reauth in the discogs-tagger-config?

Not if it's already working, no. They rolled back on their end, so if you're back up and running no need to redo it unless it errors.

Reply #2832
Many thanks for Your quick response refried!
Yes, it's already working fine.

Reply #2833
It's working for me today! I'm on windows 7, I did a re-authorization and no problems. Tagging away and very happy again! Read previous threads on this working again and cant figure out why or who fixed it, but whoever is responsible thank you so much!

Reply #2835
Hey all, hoping someone can help me out with a bit of scripting. I've had a look at the syntax help page but I can't fully make it out.

With certain genres (Drum n Bass, Jungle, House etc), Discogs lists the genre simply as Electronic, so I mapped my tags to take the info from Styles instead (i.e. %<RELEASE_STYLES>%). This works just fine. But with other genres (like Hip Hop), Discogs actually lists the genre as Hip Hop and the styles field is blank. But of course my current script returns an empty genre tag, as Styles is empty. So what I need is a bit of code that does one of two things:

1) If Genre = Electronic, display Styles instead, or
2) If Styles is not blank, display styles, otherwise display Genre.

Something like this, anyway. I'm sure I could figure it out eventually but if someone could help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Reply #2837
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I've asked for, except now that I've tried it out on several release types, I've realised a better and simpler way to do it would be to combine both Genre AND Style, rather than selecting or omitting one or the other.

I figure this would be some sort of $join command but it would also have to take into account whether the genre or the syles fields are populated or not, so that it works regardless how 'complete' the release is. I'll also need the delimiters between the fields to be commas so that they're compatible with my subsequent scripts.

So in the case of an EDM release, the Genre tag would ultimately read 'Electronic, Jungle' for example, whereas for Hip Hop it might read as 'Hip Hop, Conscious'. Again though, I just don't understand it enough to do it. Think you could help?

Sorry to mess you about, but to show my appreciation, I'd like to make a donation. Is your pp still jsilver.pmc@gmail.com?

Reply #2838
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I've asked for, except now that I've tried it out on several release types, I've realised a better and simpler way to do it would be to combine both Genre AND Style, rather than selecting or omitting one or the other.

I figure this would be some sort of $join command but it would also have to take into account whether the genre or the syles fields are populated or not, so that it works regardless how 'complete' the release is. I'll also need the delimiters between the fields to be commas so that they're compatible with my subsequent scripts.

So in the case of an EDM release, the Genre tag would ultimately read 'Electronic, Jungle' for example, whereas for Hip Hop it might read as 'Hip Hop, Conscious'. Again though, I just don't understand it enough to do it. Think you could help?
This would return all genres and styles in a single array:
Code: [Select]
$extend(%<RELEASE_GENRES>%,%<RELEASE_STYLES>%)

Which would get written as multiple values to the tag. If you want to write them as a single string value that is comma separated, then:
$join($extend(%<RELEASE_GENRES>%,%<RELEASE_STYLES>%))

Sorry to mess you about, but to show my appreciation, I'd like to make a donation. Is your pp still jsilver.pmc@gmail.com?
Yes you can donate there. Thanks. :-)

Reply #2839
duplicate

Reply #2840
All done. Thanks again.

Reply #2841
Maybe someone can help me because I am seriously puzzled on what to do.  I want to set an album list view that is by release country

I've done the following:
%<release_country>%|[%album artist% - ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

But all that comes up is a ? for the release country.  I see countries in <DISCOGS_COUNTRY> tags for my music.

Am I doing something wrong?

Reply #2843
Am I doing something wrong?

[%<DISCOGS_COUNTRY>%]|[%album artist% - ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

Cool! That sort of works.  If I click "Album List / Media Library view", I see a list of countries, but I don't see it in the main foobar window itself.

Any more tips would be appreciated, of course. :-[

Edit: Figured it out. It also needed to go in Album List Panel. Derrrrp!

Reply #2844
Is there a way to change the formatting string for the field mappings so it's conditional?  I'd like DISCNUMBER and TOTALDISCS to only be written if TOTALDISCS > 1.

Reply #2845
From yonks ago...:

Tag Name
Formatting String

TEMP_feat
$pput(feat,$filter($flatten($multi_if($any($multi_strcmp($sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%),'Featuring')),$multi_if($put(aj,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%)),$joinnames($put(an,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),$get(aj)),$get(an)),)),))

TEMP_rmx
$pput(rmx,$filter($flatten($multi_if($any($multi_strcmp($sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%),'Remix')),$multi_if($put(aj,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%)),$joinnames($put(an,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),$get(aj)),$get(an)),)),))

TITLE
%TRACK_TITLE%$if($any($pget(feat)),' (Ft. '$join($pget(feat))')',)$if($any($pget(rmx)),' ( '$join($pget(rmx))' Remix)',)

TEMP_feat

TEMP_rmx

Yup. And you don't actually need any temp tags, you could just put it all in one tag, unless you find it too unwieldy.

If anyone feels in a syntax-helpy-mood for the foobar-scripting-syntax-handicapped such as me....
I still do use the above 5 line & 2 empty fields to store & apply feat & remixer info.
The one annoyance I found with this is - if there's a release, that has Remixer Credits, as well as the remixer in the track title.... so as an example, with the above, and for this release:
https://www.discogs.com/Fauna-Flash-Confusion-The-Fusion-Mixes/release/82935

I end up with a double ups, like:
C1
Alone Again (Dixon's Stripped Down Dub) (Steffen "Dixon" B. Remix)
D2
Ten (Pole Remix) (Pole Remix)

So I've been trying to think how to best avoid this. And the next best approach would probably to string it into an IF... but, from how it looks, the foo_discogs IF syntax can only IF between an empty and a filled string... which means, no wildcard matching, i.e. IF '*remix*' is already in title...
Would anyone have a suggestions at how to 'put it all in one tag' and/or avoid the double up liek the above...?
Churs.
c.

How to set Album Art for CDS?

Reply #2846
Hi

I'm trying to have Album Art work for CDs. For some reason discogs_foo can show track names of the CD so it's storing that info somewhere, but not the album art. It complains it can't write to the folder when I attempt to Update Album Art which seems to default to the CD directory.

So I tried the following:

Went to discogs_foo configuration (Right click a track and go to Tagging > Discogs > Configuration... > Artwork tab) and set a path for the Album Art to:
C:\Temp\%ARTISTS_NAME% - %RELEASE_TITLE%
and set prefix to:
cover
So far so good. It creates the folder and downloads a cover.jpg when I use the Update Album/Artist Art option.

But then I try setting the path for Columns UI in the Artwork tab of FooBars Preferences to:
C:\temp\%album artist% - %album%
Also tried C:\temp\%album artist% - %album%\cover.*
But nothing shows.

Built-in foobar2000 artwork reader mode is set for Embedded and external artwork. And the "Provide artwork to other artwork viewers" is ticked under Biography Server Misc tab.

What gives?

Would be much easier if the discogs_foo could save the album art where the track details are kept if it can't write to the albums directory such as a CD or write only drive.

Help appreciated.

Reply #2849
foo_discogs 2.21:
* New options to embed album/artist artwork
** Currently only saves the first release image as the front cover and the first artist image as the artist
** Note: If you want to save for each artist of compilation, set the titleformatting string for artist IDs to %DISCOGS_ARTIST_ID%
* Fix the bug mentioned in post above
* Upgraded to the latest SDK version. This means foo_discogs will no longer be backwards compatible with old foobar2000 versions.