Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_input_reverse (Read 15109 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_input_reverse

* read my component requirements in my blog before reporting it doesn't work *

current version: 0.1.3

allows you to play music reversed, only support files that have a fixed time duration.
add a file location in the menu item (CTRL+U), then enter the way like mslive: rev://|c:\1.mp3|/

you can do it nested, but will double the resource needed:
rev://|rev://|c:\1.mp3|/|/

have fun.

change log

- added a context menu item for handy reverse playback

- fixed crashing when tag to a reversed item

- added option in input preference, you can specified the threshold to decide if to decode to memory or temp disk file

foo_input_reverse

Reply #1
Thank you as always. This component is fun. Anyway about your foobar components on your blog. I think listing two VC8 runtimes is unnecessary. Your older and newer components should run ok on VC8 SP1 runtime anyway. Even when you install both runtime only the VC8 SP1 runtime will be used.

foo_input_reverse

Reply #2
thanks for pointing out, I didn't think about it.

foo_input_reverse

Reply #3
Haven't tested it as I don't need it, but: IMO you should put it into dsp_soundtouch.

foo_input_reverse

Reply #4
it can't be done in a dsp properly, or do some unnecessary process. (eg. seeking problem)

foo_input_reverse

Reply #5
Just tried out that little toy - and it works
Tested with the song "Untitled #5" by John Frusicante from "Niandra Lades..." since the piano in the original song was just reversed

foo_input_reverse

Reply #6
foobar crashes when I try to edit tags on reversed playlist item.

foo_input_reverse

Reply #7
fixed now.

foo_input_reverse

Reply #8
Bug: If you have a few reversed songs in a row on a playlist or you repeatedly use the 'Reverse and Play' context option, each time a reversed song plays it increasingly adds onto foobar's memory usage until you play a normal song.

Also, it would be nice to have just a 'Reverse' context option that just adds the reverse tags to the playlist item so you can cue several reversed songs in a playlist without playing them.

Thanks for this... Its pretty cool. 

foo_input_reverse

Reply #9
I don't see the bug, tried to play a few reversed files in a row, no memory leaks.
I'll add it later, just didn't want to add.

foo_input_reverse

Reply #10
I have found this  cool plugin searching with Google:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...nput_reverse%29

but the links to download the required DLL components:
VC8 sp1 runtime libraries and libmmd.dll  are missing (404 not found)

Someone knows if there exists an alternative link to download them ?
Thanks

foo_input_reverse

Reply #11
there is no support given to banned components.

foo_input_reverse

Reply #12
Ah, excuse me, I had not noticed that this is a banned component

foo_input_reverse

Reply #13
I wouldnt trust any of the developer's components, to be honest.

Especially when most of them violate the SDK rules.

foo_input_reverse

Reply #14
Not all of Acropolis' components are banned. For example, Gapless Crossfader isn't.

About missing dlls: http://www.rarewares.org/others.php#libmmd
And you can download VC8 (aka MSVS2005) redistributable from microsoft.com

foo_input_reverse

Reply #15
@lvqcl,,
thanks for the links to missing DLL, but,  if I understand it, the component  I'm interested in - foo_input_reverse - is a banned component, I prefere to no install it  :-(

I continue to use sox to reverse  audio.

Thanks again
Sandro

foo_input_reverse

Reply #17
Well, I found very annoying behavior of Autoplaylists... If you create ANY autoplaylist, this component will won't work there. Because Autoplaylist content can not be altered in any way... I took me about 1,5 hour to manually remove and restore all my input plugins in various configurations, to delete and restore my DSP chains... when removing input plugins didn't help I started removing other non essential components. And when I removed foo_albumlist, everything started working fine. Because after that my playlists became regular playlists, not monitored ones. Restoring Album List component caused that Reverse component stopped working on my main playlists which are all Autoplaylists. I tried it on additional, normal playlist and there it worked without problems...

foo_input_reverse

Reply #18
The context menu command extends the path of each file with 'rev://|file://' which serves as the trigger for the actual effect, so that's sort of expected.