Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: True Audio Software (Read 13603 times) previous topic - next topic

True Audio Software

True Audio NewsNew software-- Alexander

True Audio Software

Reply #1
Cool.  Thanks for the great works!

I tested the new packs. I think you don't need to install the True Audio DirectShow Codecs Suite if you already have the True Audio Plugins Pack, because the same DS filters are in the "Plugins Pack" too, right?

And it was a little bit confusing for me that you cannot select more than one components in the "Install Options" box. Like, you'll have to run the same installer twice to install the DSFilters & the foobar plugin. A little thing, but just so you know

PS: pls fix that 'double byte character' problem when you update ttaenc.exe v3.1. If you need testers, Im here to help you.

True Audio Software

Reply #3
Thanks for your replyes,

same DS filters are in the "Plugins Pack" too, right?

Yes, you can download TTA DirectShow filters separately. Also you don't need to install True Audio DirectShow Codecs if you has already installed the latest Matroska pack ;-)

And it was a little bit confusing for me that you cannot select more than one components in the "Install Options" box.

It's required, because all of the components must be installed in it's own location. I prefer to keep one 'choose directory' dialog in our installer.

pls fix that 'double byte character' problem when you update ttaenc.exe

Tau Producer supports double byte characters. The problem with 'ttaenc' will be fixed in next version of the command line encoder, I think it will be in october. At now we going to release Tau Analizer (next generation of AuCDtect) which can work directly with CD and already has a some of additional functions such as a Spectrum and Frequency analizers, ATIP and ISRC data readers e.t.c.

-- Alexander

True Audio Software

Reply #6
Also if you install the latest Matroska pack (1.0.3) you already get the same DirectShow filters.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=238049"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

technically, the Matroska Pack 1.0.3 has TTADSDecoder.ax 1.0.0.156 while this new release has 1.0.0.157

True Audio Software

Reply #7
Tau Producer supports double byte characters. The problem with 'ttaenc' will be fixed in next version of the command line encoder, I think it will be in october.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great

I know very well that Tau Producer supports Unicode characters.
Actually, we even have this unofficial patch, [a href="http://xworks.s56.xrea.com/patch.html]Tau Producer 1.0 Japanese Patch[/url], which changes the UI into japanese language, for quite sometime.

But still, you'll need to call TTAENC.exe directly from foobar2000. fb2k is unicode-based but ttaenc doesnt like unicode characters...

i cant wait for October!
thankx again for your hard works.

True Audio Software

Reply #8
If I'm not mistaken someone who want to use tta in mka and play it with foobar2000 will need that version of player plugin.

Regards
Lobuz

True Audio Software

Reply #9
The foobar plugin wrongly reports the samples length.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=238153"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's strange. I will check it now.

-- Alexander

True Audio Software

Reply #10
If I'm not mistaken someone who want to use tta in mka and play it with foobar2000 will need that version of player plugin.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes. Current TTA plugin for Foobar 2000 doesn't have a packet decoder. I has temporary stopped the work with Foobar's plugins. Some times ago Speek has started [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21147&]this topic[/url] about TTA format support in Foobar. From there till now we have a proper TTA input plugin for foobar2000, but I can't see, that the TTA format is officially supported.

-- Alexander

True Audio Software

Reply #11
Any chance of getting a GStreamer plugin? (It already has working Matroska support)
Xine would be nice too, but its code is a bit hairy.
XMMS isn't totally out of question, is it? (API similar to Winamp 2)
ruxvilti'a

True Audio Software

Reply #12
Any chance of getting a GStreamer plugin? (It already has working Matroska support)
... yes, alley_cat has made a TTA plugin for gstreamer ....

True Audio Software

Reply #13
XMMS isn't totally out of question, is it? (API similar to Winamp 2)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239040"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's under development. The complete Linux support for True Audio format will be available in a next two month.

-- Alexander

True Audio Software

Reply #14
A samll cosmetic problem i just happned to find...

If you install both TTACodecs-setup.exe and RadLight4, then WMP's OpenFile box will show TTA doubly in its "Files of type" field as you can see in this pic.
Code: [Select]
TTA Audio Files (*.TTA)
True Audio Files (*.tta)

I guess this happens because TTACodecs-setup.exe will register the values in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Extensions
even when *.TTA is already registerd there.

This is not a real problem, but maybe....you don't have to register *.tta if it is already registered. Or...personally, I suppose its ok for your installer to delete the entries made by RadLight, because we dont need the same file mask doubly anyway....

Just so you know

True Audio Software

Reply #15
Ooops, my fault, a case sensitivity bug

True Audio Software

Reply #16
TTA format support for Matroska is now officially available.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=238013"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ald, i have a question: Does TTA support APEv2 tags? ttaenc - t says such a file is OK, but mkvmerge doesnt like TTA with APEv2 tags and so there's a potential gap between 'raw' TTA and TTA supported by MKA.

another thing: WAV file decoded from TTA using Tau Producer 1.1 doesnt play, because Tau Producer tries to copy tags into WAV by default (at least fb2k and wmp cant open such a wav). Is this default behaviour on purpose? I feel "Copy Tags = On Encode Only" would be safer (but even so, if APEv2 tags could be copied, then mkvmerge would not accept the resulted TTA file)

True Audio Software

Reply #18
New plugins for popular Linux software:

TTA gstreamer plugin version 0.2.3 (Source code) from Arwed von Merkatz. GStreamer is a library that allows the construction of graphs of media-handling components. About GStreamer..
TTA plugin 1.2 for XMMS Media Player - media player for the X Window System, which supports majority of the common types of media files. More about XMMS..
TTA plugin 1.2 for Beep Media Player (BMP) - XMMS based player with GTK2 and Pango based UI enhancements. More about BMP..

http://www.true-audio.com

True Audio Software

Reply #19
Matroska Chapter Works for FLAC but Not Works for TTA via DS (or so I thought?)

I'm not very sure which component is wrong, but as of now, I have to assume TTA DS Decoder has a problem related to timing.

My test is this:
(0) Make CDImage.wav and CDImage.cue with EAC, and then compress .wav with flac.exe and ttaenc.exe

(1) Make CDImage.flac+CDImage.cue = flac.mka
(2) Make CDImage.tta+CDImage.cue = tta.mka

Muxer is MKVmerge 1.0 and the settings are totally same except flac vs tta.

(1) plays pefectly on fb2k, and (2) plays pefectly too by using beta-ish .dll

The problem is, when Im trying to play them via DS. (I used the official Matroska_Pack_Full_v1.0.3.exe) on Media Player Classic, and on MPlayer2.exe

Both play fine, but the chapter doesnt work perfectly for TTA (it does work for FLAC)
In Chapter'ed TTA in MKV, you can jump to the almost correct 'timing' but slightly off, which is annoying.

Since this problem is reproducable both on Media Player Classic and Mplayer2, probably this is not a problem of MPC. My guess is like, so to speak, when Matroska Chapter system tells to the TTADecoder "hey jump to 12:34.567!" TTADecoder will answer "OK, I will" but it will actually jump to 12:34.850 (slightly off) for some reason.

This problem is reproducible when muxed with MKVMerge 0.9.4 too, so that 64-bit type thingy has nothing to do. However, my tests are not that thorough, and I cannot rule out the possibility that this is just for me, like because my Windows is messed up. Anyway, that is what I am experiencing on my Windows XP pro SP2.

True Audio Software

Reply #20
The result is the same when played back on my Windows 2000:
The chapters in (tta+cue).mka does not work as exactly as ones in (flac+cue).mka.