Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1365166 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2150
PeteG,
titleformat_help.css should exist in your base foobar2000 folder. At least it does for me. And the foo_discogs help file gets installed in user-components/foo_discogs.

Reply #2151
I suspect you're using portable mode where relative paths work fine but you should probably bundle the css file yourself because most people will have foobar installed in normal mode where the user-components folder will not be relative to the included css file. Of course you can determine where the folder is via the SDK/your component but not in a static html file.

Reply #2152
Titleformat_help.css is indeed a generic name that should have made me suspicious, why on Earth didn't I look at the base folder in the first place?
A copying of the file to %appdata%\foobar2000 made the discogs help file look beautiful and somewhat familiar.
I second marc2003's opinion (as me being a user with a standard installation as the primary fb2k instance).

Reply #2153
Thanks, I was using a portable install. I've added titleformat_help.css to the component distribution.

Reply #2154
Heya,
here's a question and a potential request... if that makes sense for others as well...
Fist off - how does foo_discogs determine, once discogs info is cached & shown for mapping, that the mapping/matching is off ??
So far I fail to see the underlying rules (as I had a few cases on perfectly named & numbered files, yet foo_discogs thought it's a missmatch...).

And from what I can gather, this would help... so here's an argument to expose the rules to users inside the GUI, (a nice-to-have really... :D) for 2 cases...

Case 1 - I'd love more info as to why it thinks it's miss-matched (i.e. show the culprit visually that trips up the match check - i.e. I would like to know if it's a single file, or multiples/all, and ideally which bit of the filename/pre-existing-tag combo)...

Case 2 -  expose the rules for establishing if it's matched in the GUI to the user and make them adjustable - i.e. I'd love to remove all rules but stick to "match by track numbers only"  for some of my very specific cases... ( I have a fair few albums where I deleted some songs, so they are 'incomplete' on purpose.... so in theory, as track-numbers are fairly consistent (apart from multi CD releases where this gets a bit more complicated....), is there a way (or easy to implement & make it a user option) to prioritize a match-by-number to deal with incomplete albums a bit better ? i.e. of an album with 10 songs I only keep 2, song 2 and 10 let's say - as is I have to manually adjust (remove or reorder) the mapping - or is this an issue with my workflow...?).

Cheers.
c.

Reply #2155
Track matching is an area that needs improvement. Currently it only works if the same # of tracks are present as on the Discogs tracklist, and it only uses track durations, so if the durations on Discogs aren't exact it can fail.

Reply #2156
Aight, thanks for the info! Much appreciated.
c.

Reply #2157
Hi folks! I have a big problem, since the last release/update  foobar is crashing during release fetching. Not with every artist/release but with a lot. For example Rolling Stones - Out Of Your Heads.

Error log is below.

Reply #2158
Hi folks! I have a big problem, since the last release/update  foobar is crashing during release fetching. Not with every artist/release but with a lot. For example Rolling Stones - Out Of Your Heads.

Error log is below.
Thanks for the report. Should be fixed in the version 2.03.

Reply #2159
Looking forward! ;)

edit: Seems fixed! Thanks. =)

Reply #2160
The most recent 2.03 version has an issue that it forcibly writes the RELEASE_ID tag to every file. I don't need nor want this tag. Are earlier versions available that I can downgrade to until this is fixed?

Reply #2161
The most recent 2.03 version has an issue that it forcibly writes the RELEASE_ID tag to every file. I don't need nor want this tag. Are earlier versions available that I can downgrade to until this is fixed?
The DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID tag is valuable if you'll ever be updating tags or re-tagging the same files (or doing anything else with foo_discogs). It saves you from having to go through the find release dialog and pick the right version again.

If you really don't want it, as a workaround you can add an extra tag mapping named "DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID" that is blank. This will erase the first one as long as it's below it in the tag mappings list.

Reply #2162
Thanks for the workaround. I did check the documentation and it's pretty obvious what its use is, but none of it really matches any use cases relevant to me. I very very rarely need to re-tag or update tags on anything, and when I do I almost always need to tag it with a different version of a release anyway, so the field carries no value to me. Also to keep my library consistent I'd need to re-tag everything again to include the the release id tag on everything, which is not feasible at all. But yeah, thanks for the support, the tagger is still excellent!

Reply #2163
Discogs tagger version 2.03. Compiled: May  8 2016. foobar2000 1.3.10.

Kate Bush: Aerial (2cd). Own rip of EMI's original UK & Europe release. It is Release 559101.
Why does the component replace 2-08 and 2-09 with "a second set of" 2-01 and 2-02? Everything else is fine. Even 1-02 π is interpreted as 1-02 π.
I simply can't see any errors on the web page ...

PS. Thanks for fixing the css-thingy.  :)
Edit: Typo.

Reply #2164
PeteG,
Good question... that release works fine for me. But it looks like there is a bug somewhere. Perhaps it doesn't happen reliably. I suggest clearing the releases cache in the configuration settings and trying again....

Reply #2165
All caches cleared. No change.
All caches cleared + foobar2000 restart. No change.
Some time ago I adjusted the "Max objects cached (...)" to 5000. Now reset to the default 1000. No change (not surprising, I suppose).
Next step: Created a pristine portable installation + Discogs tagger + a subset of the Media Library. Joy! See screendump.
I wonder why the original screendump (#2164) accepts diverging timestamps (not to mention the two files) as opposed to the new screendump (which shows normal behaviour, the red warning).
I really hope that you don't suggest some sort of component incompatibility as a possibility. I've just realized that I have 78, all included ... gosh!

Reply #2166
Hmm... what a mystery. Are your settings in the second installation identical? (You can copy the foo_discogs.dll.cfg file.)

Reply #2167
Problem gone ...

• With identical .cfg files the portable install made the same mistake as shown in #2164. Sorry for not thinking of that before.
  • The only string editing I remember having been doing is the earlier mentioned nested $replace string in the TITLE tag. After resetting the string to default value + a restart for all good measures, the problem disappeared!
    The strange part: After having inserted the unaltered $replace string again + a restart everything is still fine?! In both standard and portable fb2k (with identical discogs .cfg files).
    I'm a bit confused and terribly sorry for wasting your time, zoomorph. The only proof is now the old screenshot.
  • From the Department of Nitpicking: There is a line strikethrough in the two upper right buttons of the 'Edit tag mappings' window. See screenshot. If you can't reproduce that, I'll definitely feel like a complete nincompoop.

Reply #2168
HI

I have problems with new version of foo_discogs. Why not all fields are written?
DISCOGS_MASTER_RELEASE_ID ← %MASTER_RELEASE_ID% (wrrite+update)
tag is never written, why?

More question: How do I set

tag mappings to set DISCNUMBER, TOTALDISCS to %TRACK_DISC_NUMBER%, %RELEASE_TOTAL_DISCS% only if RELEASE_TOTAL_DISCS >= 2, otherwise delete DISCNUMBER, TOTALDISCS

And

tag ALBUM ARTIST to $joinnames(%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_JOIN>%) only if all track artists vary otherwise delete ALBUM ARTIST

Reply #2169
Problem gone ...
The mystery remains... will keep it in mind, probably it will come back some day. :-)

I have problems with new version of foo_discogs. Why not all fields are written?
DISCOGS_MASTER_RELEASE_ID ← %MASTER_RELEASE_ID% (wrrite+update)
tag is never written, why?
Is the release you're tagging in a master release? If not, the tag should be empty (not written).

More question: How do I set

tag mappings to set DISCNUMBER, TOTALDISCS to %TRACK_DISC_NUMBER%, %RELEASE_TOTAL_DISCS% only if RELEASE_TOTAL_DISCS >= 2, otherwise delete DISCNUMBER, TOTALDISCS

And

tag ALBUM ARTIST to $joinnames(%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_JOIN>%) only if all track artists vary otherwise delete ALBUM ARTIST
Both are possible by editing the formatting strings. Check the syntax help file, and the regular foobar2000 titleformatting help file.

Reply #2170
Both are possible by editing the formatting strings. Check the syntax help file, and the regular foobar2000 titleformatting help file.

Pls. help me defining the strings. I'm bit confused from the foo_discogs sytax.

Reply #2171
Any idea what's going on? I have updated to version 1.56
Are you using Windows XP? Seems that it will no longer work with Discogs API. (Mentioned above.)

Nope, I'm using Windows 10. Curiously I could make requests successfully a few days ago (without changing any settings, at least that I can think of), and now it's failing to authorize again. I've just tried a fresh install of version 2.03 but I'm getting the same error.

extra button, just to download album art.

Reply #2172
hello zoomorph,

sometimes I just see, on my already tagged with your fine component, that the album art is bad/small/ugly/bla on some of my files.

therefore, I'd like to offer a feature request, for which I can just press a button "load album art" to load/save the found album art as set up in the preferences. just the same as it would do when pressing "write tags", just only without the writing of the tags.

I can see, that the images are fetched before anything else:

so this should be available without changing too much code (hopefully, forgive my rude and ignorant assumption!)

it could look like:

in the prefs, there could be an option to close the window after pressing the button, or just do nothing (user continues...)

Reply #2173
Conversely to the above, I'd like a way to quickly toggle off saving album art when tagging particular releases. I often already have cover images which are better than Discogs and just want to re-tag the files.

Reply #2174
Thank you for this wonderful component. I use it a lot.

I am running foobar on ArchLinux and I recently get an error within the component:

Code: [Select]
(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 8416612: Network exceptionSecurity error (url: http://api.discogs.com/releases/8416612)

[ESCAPE to close]

Adding
Code: [Select]
https://api.discogs.com/
to Suppress HTTPS certificate checks in the foobar preferences does not help.