Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Undelete a desktop folder (Read 2428 times) previous topic - next topic

Undelete a desktop folder

I accidentaly deleted and empotied the recycle bin in Windows ME.  Can I get it bhack??  How??     
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #1
You can try some software to undelete deleted data. Some such software you may find here:
http://www.brothersoft.com/search.asp?keyword=undelete

The problem is that deleted data will be recoverable only if other data will be not saved on the place of deleted data. So this is very important to do not install new programs and copy something on the partition where you want recover files...

Reply #2
@WILU -  Which one works the best??
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #3
They all work the same way. Idea of working of these programs is that files are not deleted from disk but only first letter of their name is erased from partition table.
Try Easy Recovery PE:
ftp://files.chip.pl/9175/Erperfus.exe 

Reply #4
@WILU  Thanks for the tip.  I asked about "which one" because some software is just better than others.  I am d/l'ing easyrecover now.  Hopefully it will do  the job.

Thanks     
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #5
Try to install it to other partition than this where you have files you want to recovery. It's very important to not overwrite them with newer files.
Happy recovery