Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_touchremote - Remote control for iPhone/iPod Touch (Read 142955 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_touchremote - Remote control for iPhone/iPod Touch

Reply #150
This is definitely OT, but since the developer is here, I wanted to ask if there will be any further development of foo_airplay.  It's a great component and would love to see a more robust version.

Sure, but cannot give you any timing.
I'm currently too busy at work, and have no free time for further development.

Reply #151
Hi pieceofsummer and thank you very much for this component.

When you have time, can you comment on this?

Regards.

Alessandro

Reply #152
Hi pieceofsummer and thank you very much for this component.

When you have time, can you comment on this?

Regards.

Alessandro

Currently it doesn't handle dynamically updating information (and it is not very well supported by DACP protocol, especially for album art).
So it rather would show station name or whatever. You may configure titleformatting strings as you wish.

Reply #153
Ok, thanks for your reply.

I asked because there are components (eg. AMIP) offering that feature out of the box and I was hoping some function in the SDK could allow to add it in foo_touchremote as well.

No big deal anyway.

Keep up the good work!

Alessandro

Reply #154
Another thanks for the update.

Touchremote with the apple remote app (or the android dacp remote app I would imagine) is the best combination for a touchscreen remote with foobar.

Reply #155
Another thanks for the update.

Touchremote with the apple remote app (or the android dacp remote app I would imagine) is the best combination for a touchscreen remote with foobar.

Agreed! Now if only I could use it to queue up video files..

Reply #156
I love this component and the Remote app on the iPad. Thanks so much for a great component.

There are a couple of things that I am curious about which I expect would be more properly directed at the Remote app functionality but since I expect little chance of getting any enhancement requests through Apple, perhaps it is possible to do within touchremote instead.

Regarding the title format strings, is it possible with the existing DACP protocol for foo_touchremote to implement the multi valued metadata fields rather than returning the multiple values as a comma separated list?

Also, does touchremote know the context which the metadata request is made by Remote so that different title formats can be used depending on the view being presented by Remote? For example, when in the Artist view my preference is to sort albums by date rather than alphabetically which can be done by including the date as a part of the album name such as ['['%date%']' ]%album% which works fine in the Artists view but then mangles the Albums view as the albums are then sorted by date rather than alphabetically.

So I guess the question is, does touchremote have any understanding of the Remote view so that different title formatting strings can be applied to each different view? Or is there some other way of handling this with the existing title formatting?

Thanks for any pointers that anyone can give.

Reply #157
Regarding the title format strings, is it possible with the existing DACP protocol for foo_touchremote to implement the multi valued metadata fields rather than returning the multiple values as a comma separated list?

There's a chance it can be simulated, but generally Remote doesn't expect multivalued metadata.

So I guess the question is, does touchremote have any understanding of the Remote view so that different title formatting strings can be applied to each different view?

Yes, in most cases it knows the context, so different display/sort might be applied. But when you sort by something other than title, there's no way jump letters can be used, so it is the cost of custom sorting.

Reply #158
So I guess the question is, does touchremote have any understanding of the Remote view so that different title formatting strings can be applied to each different view?

Yes, in most cases it knows the context, so different display/sort might be applied. But when you sort by something other than title, there's no way jump letters can be used, so it is the cost of custom sorting.

Not exactly what I mean. What I mean is, for example, when in the "Artist" view, I prefer to have the albums sorted by date so it would be nice to use a title format string for "Album" that included the date like this "['['%date']' ]%album%". This can be done of course by simply setting the "album" title format string in the customization. The problem though is that then in the "Album" display all the albums are sorted by date first which is not what is wanted. So it would be nice to be able to do title formatting for the different views which Remote provides.

Reply #159
Hello!

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out it was a single plugin, namely foo_touchremote, that caused this. My apologies!

Foobar doesn't display a warning message but throws an exception and shuts down when it encounters a problem while loading a file.

In _all_ other media players I've tried over the years none had such a harsh exception handling. Try playing a .txt file that somehow made it into the playlist -> Exception + Shutdown. Try playing a stream that has a typo in the URL or returns some website error -> Exception + Shutdown. Why does foobar fully stumble over invalid files or broken URLs? Did I by chance enable some sort of extended developer/debug mode? How can I get foobar to chill? :-)

Thanks!

Reply #160
Try playing a .txt file that somehow made it into the playlist

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
"C:\games\orz.txt"

And that's all.
Use Help -> Online troubleshooter or post the list of fb2k plugins here.

...BTW, what exception exactly?

Reply #161
Thanks lvqcl. It's foo_touchremote and I've contacted the author.

I'll post a detailed crash log once VMWare is done updating, so others can learn from it.

Reply #162
Great Little plug-in, good response time. Before I never used my ipod remote app because I only play flac.
Still needs some work though, I only get a few albums to pop up if I go to artist or album on my app.
but not really a big problem. thanks man

Reply #163
Actually no it works perfectly thanks again

Reply #164
Is it possible to have two instances of foobar (one portable) connected? It looks like they use the same config or something as only one works at a time for me.

Reply #165
Why was Monkeymote banned from Hydrogenaudio? I use this remote on my iPad to control Foobar and it's great!

Reply #166
Just to let everyone know...I tested version 3 of Apple's Remote app and it still works well with the TouchRemote.

joedimagio

Reply #167
Just to let everyone know...I tested version 3 of Apple's Remote app and it still works well with the TouchRemote.

Thanks, that's what I came here to find out. Does anyone know if updating iTunes breaks anything?

Reply #168
To answer my own question, it seems to work without any (new) problems.

Reply #169
Yes, seems to work fine on iPhone. On iPad however I was not even able to connect to foobar.

Reply #170
Yes, seems to work fine on iPhone. On iPad however I was not even able to connect to foobar.

I did my test on my iPad 3 and it worked fine. It connected to Foobar and controlled it well.
joedimagio

Reply #171
I am trying to use Touchremote/Foobar2000 (latest versions) and the iPad Apple Remote app ( new v3.01) to play music through my Apple TV. I have to use mirroring because just Airplay is not enough to even get the iPad screen to show up. I get the iPad screen on the TV, but no sound.

Can anyone help me out or is this impossible at present?

joedimagio

Reply #172
Hi,

I have an issue vith TouchRemote 0.2.8.4.
I have multiple instances of foobar but i can only link my iPad to one.
If I specify a "Host SRV name", remote won't connect to foobar.

Is it any known issue about this ?
How could I set multiple instances on apple remote ?

Thanks

Reply #173
Hi,

I have an issue vith TouchRemote 0.2.8.4.
I have multiple instances of foobar but i can only link my iPad to one.
If I specify a "Host SRV name", remote won't connect to foobar.

Is it any known issue about this ?
How could I set multiple instances on apple remote ?

Thanks

You should set different port numbers for each instance (in case there are multiple foobars on the same machine).
In case all the instances are on the different machines, it should work fine. Just give them different names.

Reply #174
You should set different port numbers for each instance (in case there are multiple foobars on the same machine).
In case all the instances are on the different machines, it should work fine. Just give them different names.

Thanks for your answer, but the problem is, if I change the port number of any instance, I can't open it anymore with apple remote.
(It sees it, but can't connect).