Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FB2K-Windows works well on macOS 10.15 Catalina thanks to latest Crossover-Wine (Read 1465 times) previous topic - next topic

FB2K-Windows works well on macOS 10.15 Catalina thanks to latest Crossover-Wine

Hi,
I am using the latest Windows version of foobar2000, inside a Crossover (pro version of Wine) compatibility layer on a Mac (10.15 Catalina), where it seems to work fine, including the Discogs-lookup and BPM-analysis components.  I can't run Wine (free version of Crossover) as they don't seem to have kept it up to date.

Just to let folks know that arrangement is viable - works well!

BTW I have set preferences for writing to be to ID3v2.3 and checked it's doing that (using commandline utilities).  I see that the BPM gets stored in the ID3v2.3 field: TBPM.  Great - all working and I like to see under the hood.

I also have the macOS version of foobar2000, which works slick as a player, but it doesn't appear to have all the functionality (e.g. plugin components) as the Windows version.

Thanks for this app!

Re: FB2K-Windows works well on macOS 10.15 Catalina thanks to latest Crossover-Wine

Reply #1
Am going to keep a watch on this thread to hear other peoples experiences.

Last year when I tried, although Foobar2000 worked within Crossover, some (/many) of the plugins I used I determined were making it crash sometimes. Some of the plugins I theorized causing a problem are not updated much/anymore, so not so hopeful I can jump onto Mac anytime soon :(

Re: FB2K-Windows works well on macOS 10.15 Catalina thanks to latest Crossover-Wine

Reply #2
I’ve been using Foobar with Crossover for 6-7 years, never had an issue.

Reply #3
I’ve been using Foobar with Crossover for 6-7 years, never had an issue.

Do you happen to use Facets (foo_facets)? That's the main one I can't live without and I found it causing a crash intermittently (couldn't figure out which situations exactly) when using Foorbar on Crossover.
Couldn't find a suitable replacement for it either.

Another one that I suspected was causing an issue was Playlist Organiser (foo_plorg),

Without using an additional plugins indeed I faced no issues using Foobar on Crossover.