Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Waveform Minibar (mod) (Read 110093 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Waveform Minibar (mod)

Reply #325
Hello,
I have question. Is it possible to seek with keyboard shortcuts? I am a blind user and the seeking option seems interesting especially for the raw aac.

Reply #326
I think default controls for foobar2000 itself already support seeking forward and back by using the left and right arrow or cursor keys, but raw AAC doesn't support seeking in foobar2000. The argument is that it becomes prohibitively expensive to scan every file on every open for its length and to build a seek table.

Reply #327
OK, thank you very much for answer.

Reply #328
Here's an experimental Waveform Minibar (viewmod) version that you can install on the side. It's a view-only version of the component with its own configuration but it still uses the same waveform database.
Dear Case,

Please make a version like "viewmod" but with click-to-search control like the standard version.

Thank you!

Reply #329
Whether you can add an option to the settings page to block the right-click menu.

Reply #330
I have been using this mod for a just a week and I think that looks and works even better than the original, thanks and keep going! 💪‍
Have you tried turning it off and on again??

Reply #331
This is an excellent component.
There is a tiny bug though. When I'm playing a track from an idle USB HDD that takes a few seconds to spin up, then the waveform is not displayed, even if I played this track before. Here's what it looks like: https://imgur.com/nlb1Uxt

Reply #332
I don't think you have found a bug. Note that the component by default doesn't cache waveforms for tracks that aren't in media library. But it by default aborts waveform generation for tracks that can't be decoded in realtime. Both behaviors can be adjusted in preferences.

Reply #333
How to update the minibar.db of the entire media library at once? Is it possible to add this feature?

Reply #334
That is already possible. There's a main menu command "Sync minibar with library" in the Library menu.

Reply #335
Would it be possible to add an optional user input option to limit cache size? Once limit is reached waveform would stop caching new files.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #337
Hi, I'm running foobar2000 on linux with wine. Clicking the seekbar causes foobar2000 window to lose focus. It's behaving like a popup panel instead of normal embedded panel, none of my other panels do this.

This is not a huge issue but I can't set special kwin (window manager) settings for foobar2000 as Waveform Minibar is treated like a normal window, causing settings for foobar2000 to also affect the seekbar.

Tested on both default and columns ui.

Reply #338
Hi guys, I've just started using Waveform Minibar along with Replay Gain.  What I notice is substantial differences in the amplitude of tracks on the minibar, which of course replay gain is evening out.

Feature request: have the waveform display optionally take replay gain into account when displaying the track.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #339
Feature request: have the waveform display optionally take replay gain into account when displaying the track.

Aha!  Have discovered the "normalise" option in the relevant preferences section.  An annoyance is that if a track is supposed to be silence (such as my guard tracks, although I won't need to use them much), the replay gain can be made +0.00dB but normalisation by Waveform Minibar fills the space with "noise" instead of showing a flat line.  Having a replay gain option which can be used instead of normalise would cure that.

I've also discovered that I can change the database index to something more appropriate for how I organise my music.  Excellent.

Reply #340
Hello! Is it possible to add a feature to display a custom string somewhere in the waveform bar, like %playback_time%[ / %length%]?

Here is an example to illustrate https://imgur.com/a/hh4S8Rc

Thank you!

Reply #342
New version uploaded with ReplayGain added to the scale options.

Reply #343
New version uploaded with ReplayGain added to the scale options.
Hey thx Case. RG track gain now looks like everything is clipping, see attachment, visually in every track the graph exceeds the top border.

Reply #344
That's because your track is clipping with track-based RG. Boost of 9.36 dB means each sample value is multiplied by about 2.94. The track's peak becomes 1.2. Anything over 1.0 is clipped.

Reply #345
@Case:

Would it be possible that you enable the kind of seeking back to the start of the track with the mouse that my attached drawing illustrates? You click on the seekbar, hold the button and drag the mouse to the left of the seekbar, so that the playing position is reset to 0:00. Currently, this maintains the current playing position, so is a no-op as far as the audio is concerned.

EDIT:

Wouldn't be bad if aborting seeking by going above or below the seekbar would still be possible. That would mean just support for going over the left and right edge.

BTW: Aborting seeking by right-clicking while left-clicking shows the context menu, and when you get rid of the context menu with Esc, the seekbar acts as if the left mouse button was still pressed.

Reply #346
Would it be possible that you enable the kind of seeking back to the start of the track with the mouse that my attached drawing illustrates? You click on the seekbar, hold the button and drag the mouse to the left of the seekbar, so that the playing position is reset to 0:00. Currently, this maintains the current playing position, so is a no-op as far as the audio is concerned.
I don't understand.  It does exactly that for me.

Click on waveform: playback jumps to that point
Click-hold-drag-release: playback jumps to the release point
Drag to extreme left: playback jumps to zero

Maybe you're looking at the waveform for a selected track rather than a playing track?  File > Preferences > Tools > Waveform Minibar (mod) > Track to prefer when showing waveform > Playing track

Win7 Starter
FB2K 1.6.11
Waveform Minibar (mod) 1.0.49

Reply #347
version 1.2.51 released on 2022-08-27
foobar 1.6.12, windows 7 sp2 x64
Failed to load DLL: foo_wave_minibar_mod.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.
previous version 1.0.50 works perfectly
QC, QA

Reply #348
It's quite clear where it says...  Versions starting from 1.2.x require foobar2000 v2.0.

edit: I see 1.6.12 is final now and that might mean v2 public beta is coming soon.

Reply #349

Prompted by the last couple of posts, I went to review the change log for 1.0.50 compared with the 1.0.49 I have installed, to find this:
1.0.50 (2022-08-20):   Added option to scale waveform by ReplayGain values.
That's great, thanks (but why not alert us to the update via the forum?).