Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 225000 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #475
Question about image display in the review panel (v.1.1.1 smp 1.2.1).

I have sources>auto cycle images, and sources>cover: cycle from folder selected.
The review panel displays the cover art, but will not cycle, timed or mouse-wheel.

Artist biography panel (artist image) display (sources>photo: cycle from folder) cycles and works with mouse-wheel.

Anything I might be overlooking?

Reply #476
@kutuzof

Regarding a version that's compatible with JScript panel v2.3.0. Sorry for the delay in producing this. JScript panel v2.3.0 caused a full foobar2000 crash (Crash location: Module: foo_jscript_panel). I then couldn't start foobar2000 until I removed JScript panel v2.3.0...

If you're inclined, Shift+right click > configure > replace line 212 (this.save...) of 0.9.0.4 with the following line:

Code: [Select]
this.save = function(n, l) {try {return utils.WriteTextFile(n, l);} catch (e) {return false;}}

That should get it working with v2.3.0, but due to other non-critical changes in JScript panel I will release a fully fixed version in due course.

@Awesomeo

1. I can probably do that.

2. Mostly shadow isn't calculated as part of the image, at least if layout outer padding left & right is >=10. Main exception is image only with autofill and that was by design. But on further thought it can be done better as you suggest and I'll likely change it so it all works automatically.

3. Lock upscaling. I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. I tried using image at native size if it's smaller than the panel, otherwise fitting to available area. But that results in some images being rather small and lots of blank space. So I wasn't that convinced. If it was added, what menu name would it be (i.e. a short name that's accurate and obviously conveys its meaning?)

4. Switching multi-value artists. You can use mouse wheel over the button. If you want a visual indicator, I might consider changing the button so it's in some highlight colour when extra tags are available.

5. Yes you're right, you can't do it from the ini. Sorry, but it's way too involved to implement.

@mjm716

I checked 1.1.1 & it's working for me. Check that the folder location is valid & contains more than one image. Folder is specified in biography.ini: [COVERS: CYCLE FOLDER]. Note also that cover cycling is only available for the current track. It doesn't attempt to load for look-up items, i.e. last.fm top albums, since album covers other than front won't be available (menu item grayed). .

HTH

Reply #477
1. & 2. Thank you for considering both! This will help a lot to make the panel look like I wanted.

3. Menu names: "No resize", "Don't resize" or "Block resizing" maybe? Honestly though if you don't think it's necessary, then I won't insist. I have already decided to keep square constraints in dimensions that won't resize my covers.

4. If you don't want to implement the option for two arrows on the left and right side of the image/bio (which I still low key think would be lovely - to switch multiple artists like that), then maybe there could be appropriate lines in panel properties for "more items" button customization? Changing its colour or symbol or size? But I do agree, what's most important is the option to toggle the button's visibility only on the condition when there are more tags available. And only then maybe changing the size of the button? The scrolling between biographies option is great, but when it's a small and transparent area, then I suppose it doesn't stand out enough to separate it from scrolling/cycling through singular artist's images.

5. I wrote this post before I read your answer in 'Library Tree" discussion, so I understand now it's too complicated to implement.

Thanks so much, again. I really appreciate the lengths you go to fill everyone's requests for your scripts!

Reply #478
4. You can already change the button size: mouse over then CTRL + wheel. I'll look into conditional highlighting or something similar.

Reply #479
Hello Wilb!
Thanks, I replaced the string and for now it works.
I will look forward to a new version for JSP v2.3.0.

Reply #480
Biography 1.1.1 NOT working on Windows 10 Pro 32bit ITA version with Spider Monkey Panel 1.2.2-preview

@WilB: I have 2 identical instances of FB 1.5 beta 18 running on Win7 Ultimate and on Win10 Pro (both 32bit ITA).

On Win7 all fine, no crash so far, but on Win10 I have a blocking error just after few seconds from the start.

See attached PDF for details.

PS: Already informed also TheQwerties for SMP.

Thanks and regards,
Andrea

Reply #481
@WilB : Hello WilB, Biography 1.1.1 was running fine since a week on my new Windows 10 Pro 32bit PC.
But, since this morning I am getting this annoyng blocking error (see attached screenshot).
I restarted the PC and Foobar a couple of times, but no solution.
What's changed over this week, it is only that yesterday I run the new monthly "big" Microsoft updates for Win10 1903.
Regards,
Andrea

Reply #482
The only thing I can suggest here is to find the image, that's being resized (and causing the error), and check if it's a valid image.
I.e. to diagnose the issue, it first must be narrowed down: does it happen with every image? does it happen with a specific image?

Reply #483
@AndreaT I had fixed something that may be related to your issue, though it was a rare event. I've sent you a pm with a link to a test version. Hopefully it fixes the issue. If not then more info on the lines @TheQwertiest suggested may help. I'm running Win10 1903 and all is OK here, but it's not 32 bit & it's not pro though...

Reply #484
@WilB and @TheQwertiest
The new script ver 1.1.2 beta1 changed the error to "out-of-memory" (see attached screenshots) even if I am having plenty of free memory available.
I don't know if related to a single picture or not. Now it is happening showing the biography of the Pink Floyd.
Fortunately, now I can simply "reload" and survive for some time without having to reboot Foobar.
Kind regards, Andrea

Reply #485
@WilB
Hello WilB, I tried also to set/enabled "Image => Enlarge on hover" and the error is not anymore popping-up so often, but it is still there... Just a matter of tens of minutes intead of tens of seconds...
And I am still speaking about the same biography "case" of the Pink Floyd.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #486
@AndreaT I've sent a pm with some debug info to try & work out whether the issue is a script problem or lays elsewhere.

Reply #487
@WilB
And I am still speaking about the same biography "case" of the Pink Floyd.
Regards, Andrea

One indirect tip.

Often the artist images that get auto downloaded are very large. You may want to check your PFloyd artist image folder.

I've also received similar errors from the SMP scripts (esp. thumbs) when I have many artist or album images. It always happened when there are several images with sizes over 1mb in the source folders.

I've found a good batch fix is to use a WIN app like "agent ransack" which can mass search folders by file size or dimensions. All image results can then be bulk resized using the WIN Image Resizer utility.

Reply #488
@WilB :
Hello WilB, the script with the debug code is now running. I will update you asap. Thanks a lot for your support.

Attached the screenshots of the cached images with details of their sizes.
I provide you also compy of my current INI file in case it should have some wrong settings: I limited a lot the cache size...

Kind regards, Andrea

Reply #489
@WilB:
Hello WilB, today I having continous crashes every few tens of seconds.

Privately I sent to you the full console log.

Here attached only the most relevant screenshots.

Kind regards,
Andrea

Reply #490
Looking at the debug report the error is occurring on image.Resize() as before. The report also shows that the image existed, had valid dimensions (3141 x 4396) and that the target resize (271 x 379) was as expected. At ~3.5 MB the image isn't especially large and memory usage immediately before the resize event was very low (47.7 MB). As far as I can see this error is outside my control, since the image.Resize() event is handled by Spider Monkey Panel. May be @TheQwertiest can help? I also have that image on my device saved at exactly the same size & here biography loads it without issue. The full debug report is below.

image EXIST true  
 image.Width 3141 
 image.Height 4396 
 img.crop false 
 circular false 
 imgx 0 imgy 0 imgw 100 imgh 100 
 image_path C:\Users\PersonalInfoRemoved\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\art_img\p\Pink
 Floyd\Pink Floyd_9634c23d999a4ee7a14107577156f990.jpg 
 image file EXIST true 
 image file SIZE 3460022 
 this.cache_.img EXIST true 
 this.cache_.img.Width 3141 
 this.cache_.img.Height 4396 
 Resize width tw 271 Resize height th 379 
 SMP memory usage: window.TotalMemoryUsage: 47.75434 MB 
 Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.2-preview+0db3c6a4 (Biography v1.1.2 beta1
 with debug code by WilB) 
 Resize failed: 
 GdiPlus error: DrawImage failed with error (0x3): OutOfMemory 

File:  
 Line: 3283, Column: 26 

Stack trace: 
 ImageCache/this.cacheIt@:3283:26 
 Images/this.load_image_done@:2933:5 
 on_load_image_done@:3467:53 
 Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.2-preview+0db3c6a4 (Biography v1.1.2 beta1
 with debug code by WilB) 
 Resize failed: 
 GdiPlus error: DrawImage failed with error (0x3): OutOfMemory 

File:  
 Line: 3283, Column: 26 

Stack trace: 
 ImageCache/this.cacheIt@:3283:26 
 Images/this.load_image_done@:2933:5 
 on_load_image_done@:3467:53

Reply #492
Cache only retains images for the current artist, adding images individually on load. Once the artist changes the cache is flushed, so there should never be that many.  That's also indicated by the memory consumption of only 47.7 MB, just prior to the resize error. Cache is also flushed if the images need to be displayed at a different size etc.

@AndreaT To get the number in the cache, put the following snippet somewhere amongst the debug code:
console.log("this.cache.length",this.cache.length);

Edit: Looking at the more extended debug log that I have, it appears that the error occurred as it tried to load the fourth image into the cache.

Reply #494
@WilB: OK, I will do, however, kindly consider that in my INI file I limited that number to 5.
I will update you as soon as I will get a new crash log.
Thanks and regards, Andrea

Reply #496
Debug code will tell you which image it errored on: it will be the last one in the console output, i.e. the one above the error (debug code shows the image_path).

INI setting is OK; updates to the images for a particular artist occur every 28 days and so your frequent error is unrelated. Also no attempt to delete excess images for a particular artist is made until a different artist is played. I just retested anyway to confirm (with Pink Floyd). You could always temporarily reset INI to default settings...

Reply #497
@WilB and @TheQwertiest :
Hello, here a new crash with cache size log.

Biography Server: allmusic album review: From The Vault - Extended Play Edition / Pink Floyd: not found
Biography Server: allmusic album review: Defacing The Wall / Pink Floyd: not found
Biography Server: allmusic album review: The Great Gig In The Sky / Pink Floyd: not found
Biography Server: allmusic album review: Greatest Hits / Pink Floyd: not found
image EXIST true
image.Width 500
image.Height 500
img.crop false
circular false
image_path stub4
image file EXIST false
this.cache.img EXIST true
this.cache.img.Width 500
this.cache.img.Height 500
this.cache.length 1
Resize width tw 578 Resize height th 578
SMP memory usage: window.TotalMemoryUsage: 9.513484 MB
image EXIST true
image.Width 500
image.Height 500
img.crop false
circular false
image_path stub4
image file EXIST false
this.cache.img.Width 500
this.cache.length 1
image EXIST true
image.Width 500
image.Height 500
img.crop false
circular false
image_path stub4
image file EXIST false
this.cache.img.Width 500
this.cache.length 1
image EXIST true
image.Width 500
image.Height 500
img.crop false
circular false
image_path stub4
image file EXIST false
this.cache.img.Width 500
this.cache.length 1
image EXIST true
image.Width 774
image.Height 706
img.crop false
circular false
image_path C:\Users\AdmAT\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\art_img\p\Pink Floyd\Pink Floyd_7dd43e535e5a490a811199ff902811e6.jpg
image file EXIST true
image file SIZE 893302
this.cache.img.Width 774
this.cache.img.Height 706
this.cache.length 1
Resize width tw 416 Resize height th 379
Biography Server: allmusic album review: Proper Education / Eric Prydz vs Floyd: not found
Biography Server: allmusic biography: Eric Prydz vs Floyd: not found
Biography Server: allmusic album review: A Tree Full Of Secrets (1) / Pink Floyd: not found
Biography Server: last.fm album review: A Tree Full Of Secrets (1) / Pink Floyd: not found Status error: 404
image EXIST true
image.Width 1280
image.Height 855
img.crop false
circular false
image_path C:\Users\AdmAT\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\art_img\p\Pink Floyd\Pink Floyd_05b95f02395f4f038129a9cc2c3e6a6b.jpg
image file EXIST true
image file SIZE 1611201
this.cache.img.Width 1280
this.cache.img.Height 855
this.cache.length 2
Resize width tw 567 Resize height th 379
SMP memory usage: window.TotalMemoryUsage: 6.663612 MB
Opening track for playback: "H:\Pink Floyd\2012 - Defacing The Wall\01. Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall II (Extended).flac"
image EXIST true
image.Width 3141
image.Height 4396
img.crop false
circular false
image_path C:\Users\AdmAT\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\art_img\p\Pink Floyd\Pink Floyd_9634c23d999a4ee7a14107577156f990.jpg
image file EXIST true
image file SIZE 3460022
this.cache.img.Width 3141
this.cache.img.Height 4396
this.cache.length 3
Resize width tw 271 Resize height th 379
SMP memory usage: window.TotalMemoryUsage: 7.50036 MB
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.2-preview+0db3c6a4 (Biography v1.1.2 beta1 with debug code2 by WilB)
Resize failed:
GdiPlus error: DrawImage failed with error (0x7): Win32Error

File: <main>
Line: 3284, Column: 26

Stack trace:
  ImageCache/this.cacheIt@<main>:3284:26
  Images/this.load_image_done@<main>:2933:5
  on_load_image_done@<main>:3468:53
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.2-preview+0db3c6a4 (Biography v1.1.2 beta1 with debug code2 by WilB)
Resize failed:
GdiPlus error: DrawImage failed with error (0x7): Win32Error

File: <main>
Line: 3284, Column: 26

Stack trace:
  ImageCache/this.cacheIt@<main>:3284:26
  Images/this.load_image_done@<main>:2933:5
  on_load_image_done@<main>:3468:53

Regards, Andrea

Reply #498
@TheQwertiest and @WilB :
Hello great Developers!
I would just share with you the good news that since TheQwerties gave me SMP ver 1.2.3-test and 1.2.3-beta, Biography JS is running smooth.
Since then I did not have any error.
Thanks and kind regards, Andrea