Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LossyWAV help (Read 7150 times) previous topic - next topic

LossyWAV help

can someone give me a very basic way of setting this up on foonbar2000 because i have no clue on what do or what goes where. i tried using the lossywav wiki but its too technical for me to be any use.

LossyWAV help

Reply #1
IIRC the foo_converter.cfg I posted few months ago had personalizations for lossywav as well, download it from here and test it: http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...st&p=869979

Post #21 is the last version.

LossyWAV help

Reply #3
Open foobar2000, hold shift - File - Browse configuration folder -> put it inside the folder "configuration".

After that, right click a file -> Convert, you'll see the list.

LossyWAV help

Reply #4
Open foobar2000, hold shift - File - Browse configuration folder -> put it inside the folder "configuration".

After that, right click a file -> Convert, you'll see the list.
thanks. 

LossyWAV help

Reply #5
so far I'm still getting command errors with foonbar even with configure file i installed and even when i put the right settings in.

LossyWAV help

Reply #6
You need the CLI/Encoders in the \foobar2000\encoders folder. lossywav.exe? flac.exe? Which lossywav are you interested in?

Sorry I didn't touch that file for a while, for lossywav the folder must be C:\foobar2000\encoders (you can do as portable maybe another copy).

LossyWAV help

Reply #7
You need the CLI/Encoders in the \foobar2000\encoders folder. lossywav.exe? flac.exe? Which lossywav are you interested in?

Sorry I didn't touch that file for a while, for lossywav the folder must be C:\foobar2000\encoders (you can do as portable maybe another copy).
it's lossywav 1.4.0 i picked and yes i did put the encoders in the folder still didnt work.

LossyWAV help

Reply #8
Which LossyWAV meaning: FLAC, TAK, WV, WMALSL.

I am testing the file right now.

edit:
The configuration file was setup for D:\foobar2000\encoders not C:. Just go in the settings and change the two D: (one for lossywav.exe and one for flac.exe for example) and resave it. Everything will work.

Configuration for LossyWAV FLAC:

Code: [Select]
Encoder file: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

Extension: lossy.flac

Parameters: /d /c C:\foobar2000\encoders\lossywav - --quality standard --silent --stdout|C:\foobar2000\encoders\flac - -b 512 -5 -f -o %d --ignore-chunk-sizes

Format is: Lossless (or hybrid)

BPS: 24

Encoder name: lossyWAV (FLAC)

Bitrate: empty

Settings: --quality standard | -5 --ignore-chunk-sizes

LossyWAV help

Reply #9
Which LossyWAV meaning: FLAC, TAK, WV, WMALSL.

I am testing the file right now.

edit:
The configuration file was setup for D:\foobar2000\encoders not C:. Just go in the settings and change the two D: (one for lossywav.exe and one for flac.exe for example) and resave it. Everything will work.

Configuration for LossyWAV FLAC:

Code: [Select]
Encoder file: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

Extension: lossy.flac

Parameters: /d /c C:\foobar2000\encoders\lossywav - --quality standard --silent --stdout|C:\foobar2000\encoders\flac - -b 512 -5 -f -o %d --ignore-chunk-sizes

Format is: Lossless (or hybrid)

BPS: 24

Encoder name: lossyWAV (FLAC)

Bitrate: empty

Settings: --quality standard | -5 --ignore-chunk-sizes
so sorry for more bad news, i tried that like more than three times still got a error. 

LossyWAV help

Reply #10
Its unlikely you installed foobar2k where that script assumes. Change the path in it to match where foobar really is on your machine.

LossyWAV help

Reply #11
Forget foobar2000 for now, can you even get LossyWav by itself working at all? Are you using the latest LossyWav binary? NickC puts expiration dates on development versions that become unusable after a while.

Get a .wav file, open a command prompt and try running LossyWav on it. If even that doesn't work, then the problem is not with the foobar2000 config but lies elsewhere.

LossyWAV help

Reply #12
so i just installed the germanix trancoder because i just found out it has a built in lossyWAV processor. after messing about with it i finally got a lossyflac file because when open it up foonbar its bit rate is 321kbps while the original flac i made it from is 1067kbps.