Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A help for a Title Formatting script code (Read 1823 times) previous topic - next topic

A help for a Title Formatting script code

Hello to all,
first of all I apologize for my English but I have to help myself with the Google translator (I am Italian), for my inexperience (I recently met this splendid player) and if I have not posted in the right section.
I will immediately describe my problem.
I would need to modify a skin built for a Car PC connected to a 7 "tablet, inserting a single panel that allows me to view in sequence:
Artist list -> click on an artist
-> album collection -> click on an album
-> tracks -> click on a track -> start player.
The lists must match the path on the HD.
Is it possible to do it with a single panel?

Alternatively I'm using Panel Stack Splitter and just managed to overlap some filter panels with this layout arrangement:
Panel Stack Splitter
Horizontal divider
Filter ---- '"Artist" root directory folder (cannot be empty)'
Horizontal divider
Filter ---- 'first folder of sub directory (may be empty)'
Horizontal divider
Filter ---- 'second folder of sub directory (may be empty)'
Horizontal divider
Filter ---- 'Tracks (cannot be empty)'
but I can't hide a panel and go to the next just by clicking on the item in the list.
I'm sure I need a code.
Can someone help me?
Thank you very much.

Re: A help for a Title Formatting script code

Reply #1
So basically you want to switch screens when selecting an artist, album or track, either for the entire display (like almost all car multimedia systems) or just one of the panels?

I'm not at all an expert on this, but I think the foobar2000 layout can only be static one.

Re: A help for a Title Formatting script code

Reply #2
So basically you want to switch screens when selecting an artist, album or track, either for the entire display (like almost all car multimedias ystems)......
Exactly like that.

I'm not at all an expert on this, but I think the foobar2000 layout can only be static one.
Very strange ..... With panel stack splitter I can switch from one panel to another by pressing a button and I can't do the same by selecting an item in the list?
I think I need the script to identify an item in the list, like "by clicking on ....."
Anyway thanks for answering me ....