Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigation/usability issues (Read 929 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigation/usability issues

There is a lot to like about F2K Mobile, but I'm having trouble accomplishing the most basic tasks.  Perhaps I'm missing something?

When I am in my library, and I add some tracks to the default playlist, I often want to then go to the playlist, to perhaps edit it or start playing what I just added.  The only way I can see to get there is to keep hitting "back" to go to the top of the tree, then go down into Playlists, and select the default playlist.  At least 4 clicks.  Jumping to the default (or currently playing) playlist is a common operation.  Perhaps a swipe-right would be a good way to get there.

Likewise, when I'm on the Now Playing screen I often need to go to the currently playing playlist.  If I swipe-right I go to the last place I was in the tree.  To get to the default playlist I need to navigate back up to the top of the tree and back down into Playlists.  Perhaps a swipe-down, swipe-up, or swipe-left would be a good way to get there.  (A previous feature request from someone else suggested a display of which playlist is playing, and the current position in it.  That feature would complement this one nicely.)

I'm not seeing how to add a track or folder to a specific playlist.  My options seem to be "Add to playlist: default" or "Create a new playlist".  

I like the architecture of using playlists instead of a "now playing queue".  But this would be more powerful if the currently playing playlist had some navigational shortcuts.  For example, if I'm currently playing playlist "Blah" and I want to add a track to it from the library, I should be able to do so from the context menu in the library.  In other words, the context menu choices in the library should logically be:
  • Add to playlist: default
  • Add to currently playing playlist: Blah
  • Add to a different playlist
  • Create a new playlist

Maybe one more choice would be very powerful:
  • Insert as next item in currently playing playlist: Blah

Thanks for your consideration!