Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bulk removing 150 website address from any tag, import from text file.. (Read 1533 times) previous topic - next topic

Bulk removing 150 website address from any tag, import from text file..

Hi Guys,
I am a newbie, in a notepad text file, i have 150 website address (entered one by one in each line), that i need to remove from the tags in which ever tags they are, keeping the rest of the tags text intact.

How do i import this text file to foobar2000 and ask foobar2000 to find and replace each website address with a blank so that the website address if found in any tag will be removed.  Please help me, thank you.
Which tool should i use, for this. ??

Thank you,
Alan
Canada

Re: Bulk removing 150 website address from any tag, import from text file..

Reply #1
Hello.

I am pretty sure that is impossible with foobar2000.
You can try with mp3tag. This post seems just right for you.
https://community.mp3tag.de/t/replace-multiple-strings/15227
I just recreated your situation to test it and it works great.
gold plated toslink fan

Reply #2
Hi Guys,
I am a newbie, in a notepad text file, i have 150 website address (entered one by one in each line), that i need to remove from the tags in which ever tags they are, keeping the rest of the tags text intact.

How do i import this text file to foobar2000 and ask foobar2000 to find and replace each website address with a blank so that the website address if found in any tag will be removed.  Please help me, thank you.
Which tool should i use, for this. ??

Thank you,
Alan
Canada

not sure i understand correctly but if you want to cleanup your tags in foobar, there is an excellent addon i use called "santize tags"
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_sanitizer

Reply #3
Tagscanner has a simple method under the "program options"- "transformations" section to remove, add or alter whatever you wish to change in your audio files tag fields.
The website(s) name(s) is/are added using 1st the + symbol to create the operation, then + again to type the website/s name/s they then can be converted to all manner of formats or in your case removed by leaving the "replacement" field empty, all with a single click 100's of audio files will be updated.
This change can be applied to all tag fields or only those you select, either way the removal of whatever you add to the "text replacement" area will be applied.
Also this transformation option is saved and can be used for future editing.
All manner of tag field changes and multiple scenarios can be created then turned on or off by unchecking a box when required.

Hopefully the image below displays how easy it is to set this up & shows 9 examples I often have to remove from tags.