Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: E-MU 0404 USB - foobar2000 "forgets" ASIO config on shutdown (Read 92714 times) previous topic - next topic

E-MU 0404 USB - foobar2000 "forgets" ASIO config on shutdown

Reply #75
Yirkha - Can't thank you enough for addressing this frustrating problem...THANKYOU.

I purchased the 0404 a few weeks ago KNOWING your Foobar fix was available.

QUESTION for 0404 users:
Will this driver switch BITRATE automatically or do I still need to switch between 16 and 24 bit manually (as I assume from what I see in the Foobar ASIO config panel)?

Cheers,

Reply #76
Is there the similar patch for E-MU 0204? Because I have the same problem with ASIO drivers installed on Win7 64x and this patch is not working with my card.

Reply #77
Yirkha you are great men!!

Can you please do me a favor and for anyone who is using this card with the latest beta drivers?
in these new drivers the dll was changed for another one, anything was updated(i don't know what) but the file creation and size it's different from the latest stable drivers...and the product version too(from the properties)

so here are the files, can you please fix it in these?

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=c24g668tl8b  x86 system32

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=k3fkcym4dcd x64 SystemWOW64

thanks a lot!!!!!

anyone :$

Reply #78
up                   

Reply #79
The owner of an EMU-0404 is thanking Yirkha for his solution (emasio.dll) which works perfectly and remembers ASIO settings on 2'nd restart.

Reply #80
Thank you very very much Yirkha!

I'm using W7, 64 bit and an Emu 0404 USB with the stock drivers for XP/Vista. No need for the W7 beta driver, these old drivers work just fine under W7 as well.

I did the procedure as described by T_B_Good here in post #51 and i'm using the files uploaded by Yirkha in post #41.

Works like a charm, including auto sample rate switching.

Thanks again!

Reply #81
Marco89, this solution works for E-MU 0204 as well. I have upgraded from 0202 to 0204 and firstly installed its native driver provided. than i replaced DLLs and it is working again.  just make sure you put x86 to SysWOW64 and x64 to /System32 not the opposite!

So to conclude:
As confirmed, Yirkha's DLLs should work for the models: 0202, 0204, 0404. may also work for other E-MUs.

Reply #82
Any news about the problem guys?

I've recently bought E-MU 0204 and faced exact problems on Windows 7 64x with click noises. I've investigated the problem and it certainly happens due to damn driver that makes click sounds when signal goes to the soundcard, e.g. when music or system sounds are started or stopped. I've even wrote a small program that captures sound device with void .wav file and plays it infinitely - problem disappears. However, it seems to be like a wooden wheel attached to the Mercedes. WTF?!

Also waiting E-MU's horrible support answer about drivers renewal.