Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I find which version of flac.exe EAC 1.5 uses? (Read 2739 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from FLAC v1.3.3

How do I find which version of flac.exe EAC 1.5 uses?

One stupid question: I have EAC 1.5 and it contains a flac.exe. How do I know which version is the flac.exe? I rip CDs with EAC to flac directly and I wonder which version I am using to rip wav to flac using EAC while the CD is getting rip.

Re: How do I find which version of flac.exe EAC 1.5 uses?

Reply #1
in command line:
"full\path\to\your\"flac.exe

Reply #2
The -v (or --version) command-line option will return the flac version number
korth

Reply #3
But where/how I put that?

Reply #4
winkey+r -> cmd

Reply #5
Or, if you use Foobar2000, the properties page for any encoded file will tell you the version used.

Reply #6
Or, if you use Foobar2000, the properties page for any encoded file will tell you the version used.
How does Foobar know? Is the version information present in the file?

Reply #7
In a word, yes. :)

Reply #8
Oh I see. So EAC 1.5 is using 1.3.2 (I did not install flac or anything, just checked the flac mark when installing eac).