Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How may I install the newest foobar2000 keeping the same looking (not tracklist) (Read 868 times) previous topic - next topic

How may I install the newest foobar2000 keeping the same looking (not tracklist)

Hello

I want to install the newest foobar2000 in a brand new laptop but I don't want to lose the configuration I did for "column UI", I mean, I want to keep the same looking, the same configuration for the interface of the player. However, I do not want to keep the track list, because it will be installed in a brand new computer where I will have different albums.

How may I copy from my PC the current foobar2000 interface configuration (Column UI) to a brand new installation of the latest foobar2000, so both can share the same looking?

Cheers

Re: How may I install the newest foobar2000 keeping the same looking (not tracklist)

Reply #1
1. Install foobar on the new PC
2. Copy over folder in %appdata% (or the portable installation folder if you went that route)
3. Delete playlists and reset the Media library settings (or just let it detect the fact that you have different music on the new PC and let it update the detected tracks accordingly)

You should also consider a portable installation if you havent (comes with some limitations like not as deep integrations with your OS).

Re: How may I install the newest foobar2000 keeping the same looking (not tracklist)

Reply #2
It works great! Thank you!