Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Newbie question: How to create bookmarks inside a track (Read 1808 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie question: How to create bookmarks inside a track

After I've ripped a CD to hard disk, how do I use foobar2000 (or a component) to
1) Create, save bookmarks at arbitrary locations within a track?
2) Clip a snippet (between two bookmarks) and save separately?

Re: Newbie question: How to create bookmarks inside a track

Reply #1
I don't think this is possible in foobar.
2 other 'types' of programs do this though...
1) digital DJ software usually has something called cue-points or markers (binary strings written to the files' metadata...), or the softwares database. the standard ones for this are Serato, Traktor, Rekordbox, VirtualDJ, etc.
2) this is the domain of audio editors... not sure if any media-player has the ability to edit audio in that way. What you want to look at is things like Audacity (free / open source) or WaveLab from Steinberg... there's 100s of these programs...
c.

Re: Newbie question: How to create bookmarks inside a track

Reply #3
Try out these components:

foo_uie_bookmarks aka foo_bookmarks
hydrogenaud.io > foobar2000 > 3rd Party Plugins > foo_uie_bookmarks
        ...create a panel for it in your foobar2000 layout.

foo_skip
saunalahti.fi > foo_skip
        ...developer's site, releases
hydrogenaud.io > foobar2000 > 3rd Party Plugins > foo_skip #msg760652
        ...""I would like a simple bookmark functionality for foo_skip [...]""
        ...""uploaded version 1.7 that hopefully implements bookmarking in a satisfying way [...]""