Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: different peak values in PQMF/MDCT transform in MP3 or self implemente (Read 2491 times) previous topic - next topic

different peak values in PQMF/MDCT transform in MP3 or self implemente

Hi all,

This topic is about PQMF - MDCT conversion in MP3 (LAME was used)
I've done 3 things which should have (to my knowledge) given the same outcome, but then gave some phase shifts instead..

wave file used: 345hz single tone lasting for 1 seconds

the 3 diagrams shown below are the peaks for each 576 samples over a second. Hence 44100/576 peaks are found in the diagram.

1. by applying 576 point MDCT on the pure waveform (in matlab)

2. by extracting out mdct_enc variable in LAME ( i presume that's the mdct values after PQMF and MDCT has been implemented on the waveform

3. by extracting out the PQMF values (sb_sample) in the LAME encoder and perform a 18 point mdct on each sub bands through Matlab

please point out if my values PQMF/MDCT are wrong, anyone has an explanation for the 'phase lag' ?

thank you for any suggestions!

tubanana