Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_unpack.dll (foobar2000 v1.2) (Read 4170 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_unpack.dll (foobar2000 v1.2)

Hi there. After having great times with foobar2000 in Win 7, I migrated to Win 8 and installed it with no problems. But  whenever I run it, this message shows up: Failed to load DLL: foo_unpack.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000
. Otherwise there are no problems in playing, converting etc. Does foobar2000 need an update or Win 8 lacks something?
"In the beginning was the Audiophile"

Reply #1
Hi there. After having great times with foobar2000 in Win 7, I migrated to Win 8 and installed it with no problems. But  whenever I run it, this message shows up: Failed to load DLL: foo_unpack.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000
. Otherwise there are no problems in playing, converting etc. Does foobar2000 need an update or Win 8 lacks something?

Works fine here.

Reply #2
There was a mistake with the compiling of the component and it uses dynamic linking to C++ runtime. It will be fixed for the next version but you can make it work now by installing this.

Reply #3
Thanks Case! The remedy works fine!
"In the beginning was the Audiophile"