Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4577985 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #2675
hi
Can anyone post a link to dl standalone dll's not to install .NET Framework 2.0 or Visio 2005?
Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #2676
Maybe "pre-alpha" is a bit understated now ?

Columns UI

Reply #2677
well, ok, I installed .Net 2.0. Still, columns want SP2....
please help.

Columns UI

Reply #2678
please help.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Columns UI doesn't need .net to be installed. When it says that SP2 is needed - it means that SP2 is needed, not .net.

As the author of the plugin says:
SP2 is required on Windows XP because of the Windows bug in the list box control in XP RTM and maybe SP1 that affected the playlist switcher panel and was reported a few times recently. I just found someone documented it [a href="http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.vc.language/browse_thread/thread/98ad068def8b0a32/a4fbb6768be98c93?lnk=st&q=empty+list+box+windows+XP+LB_INSERTSTRING&rnum=2&hl=en#a4fbb6768be98c93]here[/url].

I have no intention to hack around the bug, since SP2 is a free update and has been out for 1.5 years. Its not that big from Windows Update anyway.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372963"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Columns UI

Reply #2679
something I thinks is pretty unhandy is when you accidently uncheck "show caption" on a panel, you have to reset the whole sidebar to get it back and thus rebuild it completely.

Columns UI

Reply #2680
something I thinks is pretty unhandy is when you accidently uncheck "show caption" on a panel, you have to reset the whole sidebar to get it back and thus rebuild it completely.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373357"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Using the new layout system this isn't a problem anymore. The sidebar will be removed in the future so I think that it's a good idea to get used to the new stuff.

Columns UI

Reply #2681
I for my part build a layout completly withouth sidebar. Took me some time at first...
Especially whe you choose the wrong splitter for the start..

Columns UI

Reply #2682
Feature suggestion

Within the layout tab. Add a CANCEL button adjacet to the apply button. I accidentally changed the base of my layout and I lost my setup. A way of undoing changes is good for accidents.

Or, dont save layout changes until the APPLY button is clicked. Yeah, maybe the latter is better.

Columns UI

Reply #2683
The new layout setup is great, although you have to figure it out at first it works great.
My layout is like i want it, although i'm missing some plugins who aren't for 0.9 yet.

One thing though. When i try to change the buttons, i get some strange behaviour. I know have all the buttongs customized (incl a hot image) but only the pause button works. The rest is just blank. Is there some setting i'm missing?

here's a screen and the fcb:

http://betse.no-ip.org/other/boutons-milkslik.fcb
Inter Deum et Diabolum semper Musica est", Tanzwut

Columns UI

Reply #2684
please help.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373250"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't understand you people. Why being so damn anal about upgrading to SP2. What's the big deal, download and install it. You won't lose any of your precious Windows settings.. nothing will be lost, nada.

Columns UI

Reply #2685
"Show now playing menu in systray contextmenu" is not working here.

<edit>
Sorry,
I had to restart only
</edit>

Columns UI

Reply #2686
When i try to change the buttons, i get some strange behaviour.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I get a similar thing, except mine are tiny little buttons.  I've tried buttons from musicmusic's page (the alpha-blended set), and the HmmXP set, and loading (or not...) the file via the 'tools' button.

[a href="http://imageshack.us][/url]
voted 'Most likely to veer your thread' three straight years!

Columns UI

Reply #2687
please help.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373250"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't understand you people. Why being so damn anal about upgrading to SP2. What's the big deal, download and install it. You won't lose any of your precious Windows settings.. nothing will be lost, nada.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373450"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

SP2 added all sorts of new checks to discourage people from pirating Windows.  So its a simple upgrade, if you paid for your software

Anyway, many SP2 fixes are available outside of SP2.  If you really cannot upgrade to SP2, figure out which fix it is you need, and then install it.  MS has this stuff documented on MSDN and KB.

Columns UI

Reply #2688
When i try to change the buttons, i get some strange behaviour.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I get a similar thing, except mine are tiny little buttons.  I've tried buttons from musicmusic's page (the alpha-blended set), and the HmmXP set, and loading (or not...) the file via the 'tools' button.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373467"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

try sticking the libpng library off of musicmusic's page in the foobar directory

Columns UI

Reply #2689
Maybe "pre-alpha" is a bit understated now ?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Perhaps  The tag stays, because the idea was to finish the panel splitters then leave pre-alpha. Don't worry, I don't have any plans for a pre-alpha beyond 17  After a v6 to restore compatibility with XP SP1 and anti-aliased lines for the volume control, provided there's no need for a v7, its beta 1

Feature suggestion

Within the layout tab. Add a CANCEL button adjacet to the apply button. I accidentally changed the base of my layout and I lost my setup. A way of undoing changes is good for accidents.

Or, dont save layout changes until the APPLY button is clicked. Yeah, maybe the latter is better.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373412"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I can add an Undo button that reverts all changes that haven't been applied.

One thing though. When i try to change the buttons, i get some strange behaviour. I know have all the buttongs customized (incl a hot image) but only the pause button works. The rest is just blank. Is there some setting i'm missing?

here's a screen and the fcb:

[a href="http://betse.no-ip.org/other/boutons-milkslik.fcb]http://betse.no-ip.org/other/boutons-milkslik.fcb[/url]
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I didn't look at your fcb, but I'd suspect that your images are different sizes. They have to have the same dimensions.

BUG?

"Show now playing menu in systray contextmenu" is not working here.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373454"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It works here. The sub-menu shows up in the context menu of the ntoification icon when a track is playing.

When i try to change the buttons, i get some strange behaviour.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373420"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373467"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
In your case, I'd agree with evo3. There should be some diagnostic messages in the console.

Columns UI

Reply #2690
That would explain some things, thx for the hint. Maybe a good point for a faq or a wiki.

edit: that was it, it looks all nice now

Columns UI

Reply #2691
try sticking the libpng library off of musicmusic's page in the foobar directory
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That did it.  Thanks!

...images are different sizes. They have to have the same dimensions.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373601"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Then how do these - [a href="http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foobar7lx.jpg]http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foobar7lx.jpg[/url] - work?
voted 'Most likely to veer your thread' three straight years!

Columns UI

Reply #2692
Images don't have to have activated pixels, you know?  png supports transparency...

Columns UI

Reply #2693
I am learning the new layout system and I like it. The only thing I can't do is effectively mimic the sidebar. I've been adding and removing vertical and horizontal splitters like crazy and nothing is working.

I am attempting to have an album list panel on the left and a playlist switcher under that, then on the right I want the playlist view with the buttons underneath. Could someone please explain it to me?

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I got it!
love, IAN
droptothetop.com/

Columns UI

Reply #2694
Hi.
I see a strange behaviour with tooltips in latest Columns UI.
You can see it in :

In the Playlist Switcher is the same, but They work ok in Album List.

I'm using Windows 2000

Columns UI

Reply #2695
hi

seems i cant no longer find where to set up the latest album list panel for colors, fonts, formatting etc.

plz help

thanks

Columns UI

Reply #2696
try the layout tab in the colums ui from your preferences.

Fiddle with the splitter and your right mouse button a bit

Columns UI

Reply #2697
I really like the layout autohide function. But it is almost impossible to get the hidden parts to show once they collapse. My suggestion is this...
[a href="http://imageshack.us" target="_blank"]

Columns UI

Reply #2698
I really like the layout autohide function. But it is almost impossible to get the hidden parts to show once they collapse. My suggestion is this...

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373957"][{POST_SNAPBACK}]

you're aware of how the show/hide delay works?.. should keep you from mistakenly opening the panel easily enough..

Columns UI

Reply #2699
That would explain some things, thx for the hint. Maybe a good point for a faq or a wiki.

edit: that was it, it looks all nice now
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The FAQ is [a href="http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:faqs]here[/url], if you want to add something to it

Hi.
I see a strange behaviour with tooltips in latest Columns UI.
You can see it in :

In the Playlist Switcher is the same, but They work ok in Album List.

I'm using Windows 2000
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373826"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for the report. Should be fixed for the next version.

hi

seems i cant no longer find where to set up the latest album list panel for colors, fonts, formatting etc.

plz help

thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373926"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The configuration is under "Album list panel" under Media Library in preferences.