Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: Bluetooth headphones output (Read 255 times) previous topic - next topic

Bluetooth headphones output

Hi.
Can anyone help me to understand how can I get rid of the "choose output" dialogue when I pull out my headphones (it becomes disconnected in the system). I always need to choose primary audio output after that. BT headphones can't be connected always to my laptop.

Re: Bluetooth headphones output

Reply #1
Adjust this in the Windows control panel.

1. Plug in headphones.

Current update of Windows 10 via settings app:
2. Go to settings.
3. Go to devices.
4. Go to sound.
5. Click on "App and device preferences" under "Advanced Sound Settings".
6. Under output devices choose your headphones.

All versions of Window via Control Panel:
2. In the Control Panel choose Sound by clicking on it. (Note: you can get here by right-clicking on the speaker icon on your taskbar and choosing properties in most versions of Windows or choosing "Sound Control Panel" option under related settings in more recent versions of Windows 10.)
3. Highlight the device you want as default via single click.
4. Click "Set as Default".

In foobar2000 simply choose "Primary Sound Driver" and it should auto-switch for you now because it is now managed by Windows instead of foobar2000.

Re: Bluetooth headphones output

Reply #2
Hi. Thx for that. I've managed this by choosing Primary Sound Driver as defauld in Foobar with speakers activated (I don't use speakers on laptop at all), if I disable 'em it doesn't work coz foobar can't find this "primary sd" coz there're no devices activated..
Maybe you know ho to find solution for that "no device" state?

Adjust this in the Windows control panel.

1. Plug in headphones.

Current update of Windows 10 via settings app:
2. Go to settings.
3. Go to devices.
4. Go to sound.
5. Click on "App and device preferences" under "Advanced Sound Settings".
6. Under output devices choose your headphones.

All versions of Window via Control Panel:
2. In the Control Panel choose Sound by clicking on it. (Note: you can get here by right-clicking on the speaker icon on your taskbar and choosing properties in most versions of Windows or choosing "Sound Control Panel" option under related settings in more recent versions of Windows 10.)
3. Highlight the device you want as default via single click.
4. Click "Set as Default".

In foobar2000 simply choose "Primary Sound Driver" and it should auto-switch for you now because it is now managed by Windows instead of foobar2000.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021