Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUE Tools (Read 133907 times) previous topic - next topic

CUE Tools

Reply #50
I need to just edit drive offsets. I don't have cue sheets and all the songs in my CDs have been ripped to separate files. Is there some way I could accomplish this with CUE Tools?
IIRC that is what WAVTools, mentioned above, is specifically for.

Not exactly, because it makes a WAV image out of several files. I want to just edit offset of each file individually.

If there was a tool that could do this and works in command line that would be perfect.

CUE Tools

Reply #52
I think CUE tools will do what you want.  I still don't have .NET installed or I would give it a try.

How do I generate the CUE files it needs for working? All my songs have been ripped to separate FLAC files.

CUE Tools

Reply #54
I wrote a very simple batch script that could do that once.  I don't think it was ever developed beyond using wave files.

I found a package called lameb which contains fix_wav_offset.bat.

However it starts to get a bit complicated with this setup:

- First I would have to convert FLACs to WAVs
- Then fix wav offsets
- Then convert them back to FLACs
- Finally, run ARFlac.pl

Maybe I'd try write a batch that could do all that.

CUE Tools

Reply #55
IIRC that is what WAVTools, mentioned above, is specifically for.
Not exactly, because it makes a WAV image out of several files. I want to just edit offset of each file individually.

If there was a tool that could do this and works in command line that would be perfect.
No, you're talking about CUEToolsWAVTools is specifically for changing the offset of a WAVE.  Did you try the application before dismissing it?

As per the batch file you found, it will only work with WAVEs I think.
I'm on a horse.

CUE Tools

Reply #56
WAVTools is specifically for changing the offset of a WAVE.  Did you try the application before dismissing it?

Sure, I did download and try it.

It could actually do the trick if one individually changed the offset for each of the files. I selected all files and initially thought it could change all of them at once.

I don't want to clutter this thread too much so I'll open a new one.

CUE Tools

Reply #57
@Synthetic Soul, I'm not sure if you've seen this...
@batagy:  Yeah, since I added support for write offset to CUE Tools I don't really have a use for WAV Tools anymore.

CUE Tools

Reply #58
Yeah, I just though that (a) WAVTools had all the functionality that was required, without bloat, and (b) I was under the understanding that you needed a cue sheet as a start point for CUETools.
I'm on a horse.

CUE Tools

Reply #60
I know nothing of ARFlac or ARCue.  I see your point: I had missed the fact (stated in his original post) that he had separate tracks.

Apologies.
I'm on a horse.

CUE Tools

Reply #61
Hi Moitah,

dunno if you're still interested in extending CUETools capabilities, but if you are, please add APE decoding support in your next release.

Thanks in advance,

N.

CUE Tools

Reply #62
Moitah, I have a hunch that the Wavpack decompression in CUETools is unoptimized and thus very slow for certain WV settings (very high, extra 6). But interestingly CUETools utilizes near to no CPU time... when splitting a single highly-copressed WV to mutliple tracks...

CUE Tools

Reply #63
Greetings.

I have updated CUETools recently. Tried to contact Moitah, but failed, so i guess i will just post it here.

Please welcome, CUETools v1.9.2.

Recent features:
1) .ape input support
2) .flac embedded cue sheets support (both input and output)
3) AccurateRip database support with automatic offset correction (with permission from Mr Spoon)
4) Minor bug fixes and interface improvements

Have fun.

MOD Edit: web.archive.org link (approximation)
CUETools 2.1.6

CUE Tools

Reply #64
3) AccurateRip database support with automatic offset correction (with permission from Mr Spoon)

I'm I dreaming? Please wake me up ... If this is so true, I can't wait to get home!! I'm eager to correct my many offsettet rips.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

CUE Tools

Reply #65
Please, update to the newest version, some bugs were fixed.

MOD Edit: web.archive.org link (close approximation)
CUETools 2.1.6

CUE Tools

Reply #67
Sorry to ask something stupid but despite Googling cannot find an answer.
Is there a Guide to this tool ?
I have ripped several CDs with EAC but mistakenly to a single FLAC file + CUE, as it takes more than hour for CD I'd love to use the CUE to help generate one FLAC per track possibly without re-encoding. Managed to do it with foobar but understand it's possible with CUETools too. Using Win XP and Win7. Any help please ?
Thank you in advance
Bob