Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: %<artist>% tag includes composer (Read 2762 times) previous topic - next topic

%<artist>% tag includes composer

I have an album list view set up using the %<artist>% feature.  The view works as expected but it is also showing Composers in the view.  I have a seperate view for composer (and a seperate tag.)  Most of the tracks that show up under a composer don't even have an artist tag.  I have also prefixed the view with $if([%artist%]... so that tracks with no artist shouldn't show up at all. 

Is there any way to tell Foobar that artist and composer should be treated as completely separate?

Thanks

Reply #1
I'm not sure, but you could try using $meta(artist) instead of %artist%.
~

Reply #3
Use $meta_branch(artist), if you don't want to use field remappings, but still want to have a separate entry for each artist.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375683"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey thanks!  That looks like it is working.

John