Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist output format incompatible with Spotify playlist converter (Read 1493 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist output format incompatible with Spotify playlist converter

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use epsil's spotgen to convert Foobar playlists I have into Spotify playlists and the .m3u playlists are formatted differently than what it needs.

This is from the web demo--

"One can also import M3U playlists (with the file extension .m3u or .m3u8), provided they contain EXTM3U metadata. That is, the playlist should be on the form":

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:404,Desire Lines - Deerhunter
Deerhunter/Halcyon Digest/06 Desire Lines.mp3
#EXTINF:230,Saved By Old Times - Deerhunter
Deerhunter/Microcastle/10 Saved By Old Times.mp3
#EXTINF:202,Agoraphobia - Deerhunter
Deerhunter/Microcastle/02 Agoraphobia.mp3
(end quote)

When I create .m3u playlists and then open them up in notepad to copy them, they look like this:

E:\Dj Music\10 Farewell Track.mp3
E:\Dj Music\07 Clark - Snowbird.mp3
E:\Dj Music\4-22 Bad Dream.mp3
E:\Dj Music\6-07 Moving Glowstream (Amon Tobin R.mp3
E:\Dj Music\05 Northern Plastics.mp3
E:\Dj Music\05 Boc Maxima.mp3
E:\Dj Music\09 Niagra.mp3
E:\Dj Music\1-09 Bocuma.mp3
E:\Dj Music\1-13 Olson.mp3
E:\Dj Music\08 Sherbet Head.mp3

I have all of the track/album/artist info in Foobar before I export. How does that get tacked onto the .m3u info, along with the omission of the file location?
Thanks!

Edit: Here's the app, which I don't understand how to use!

Re: Playlist output format incompatible with Spotify playlist converter

Reply #1
You can save this kind of a playlist with artist and title metadata in Winamp. If you load a large number of files, it may take a while for Winamp to lazily load tags from them. To speed up this special task, select 'Read metadata when files are loaded' in Preferences -> Titles.

Foobar doesn't use this extended playlist format, because it can only record time, artist and title in ambiguous fashion, and not other metadata fields.

Reply #2
You’re the bestest

Reply #3
Another way of producing a playlist from Foobar itself is with the Text Tools component. You can also generate lists in a different format if you need. Save multiple presets for different uses. The function is called from context menu - Utilities.

Code: [Select]
$ifequal(%list_index%,1,#EXTM3U$crlf(),)#EXTINF:$if2(%_length_seconds%,0):[%artist% - ][%title%]$crlf()%path%

Limitations: Playlist always contains full path, header is only added if copying from the first track in the foobar window.